Frederick Hutson is the CEO of Pigeonly, a platform that identifies and organizes data on the incarcerated. He launched and sold his first business at the age of 19 while on active duty in the Air Force. He left the military (with an honorable discharge) to build his second business which he also sold for a profit. The serial black entrepreneur’s love for business continued when, at 21, he saw his friends' St. Petersburg FL-based businesses struggling and thought of a solution — a more efficient way to traffic marijuana. Not the best idea, at the time.
During a four-year federal prison sentence a new idea surface, one that would give him an opportunity to affect the lives of people no one else was paying attention to – inmates, Pigeonly was born. The platform uses algorithms to collect and organize data on the nation's incarcerated, transforming it into usable information that benefits inmates and society.
Its sub-brands, Fotopigeon and Telepigeon, products that help inmates stay connected to the outside world by fulfilling printed photos from the mobile phones of their loved ones and providing cost-effective VoIP phone calls. Hutson leads a team of 10 from their Las Vegas headquarters and recently secured a $2 million dollar seed round of funding from investors including Erik Moore (Base VC), Mitch Kapor (Lotus), Kesha Cash (Jalia Ventures).
- Michael B. Jordan Partners with LyftUp to Provide Free Ride to Underserved Communities
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Award Winning Documentary “Push” Directed by Fredrik Gertten Opens in The Us This Friday – On Sept 25 Across The Nation in Virtual Cinema
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief's Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Gotta Love Alpha Kappa Alpha! They Do it Again and Raise $1 Million in Support of HBCUs
- UNOTHEACTIVIST DROPS MUSIC VIDEO FOR “AYE YAI YAI”
- OnNow.tv Partners with Ticketing and Event Platform Tixr
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Terry Curtin Joins Solstice as EVP Communications
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th