Radio Facts: Radio Facts:
95.7 The GAME (KGMZ-FM) and 1st United Credit Union announced the presentation of $3,489 to the Alameda County Community Food Bank as part of their “Hoops for Hunger” program this 2016 NBA regular season.
95.7 The GAME NBA This Week co-hosts, Matt Steinmetz and John Dickinson hosted the check presentation with 1st United Credit Union Chief Administrative Officer, Greg Pulliam. Accepting the check on behalf of the Alameda County Community Food Bank was Executive Director, Suzan Bateson.
For every Golden State Warriors regular season basket scored, 1st United Credit Union donated $1 to the Alameda County Community Food Bank to honor their commitment to giving back to our local community. The Warriors made a total of 3489 hoops, which means $3,489 will be donated to the Alameda County Community Food Bank.
The Alameda County Community Food Bank has been in business since 1985, with a vision toward a day when they can go out of business. They are the hub of a vast collection and distribution network that provides food for 240 nonprofit agencies in Alameda County. In 2014, the Food Bank distributed 25 million meals — more than half of the food was fresh fruits and vegetables. Their goal is to ensure every food insecure child, adult and senior in Alameda County knows where their next meal is coming from, by 2018. Through a network of 240 strategically placed member agencies – food pantries, soup kitchens, child-care centers, senior centers, after-school programs and other community-based organizations, as well as their own direct-distribution programs, the Alameda County Community Food Bank distributes enough food to provide 540,000 meals weekly.
1st United Credit Union is a local, not for profit financial institution committed to their community. Since 1932, 1st United Credit Union has provided affordable checking accounts, credit cards, auto loans, home loans and more to local residents. They are dedicated to providing simpler, faster, friendlier financial services. They are part of your community. They are people helping people. Visit 1stUnitedCU.org or stop by one of their branches located throughout the Bay Area for more information.
1st United Credit Union is also in its 5th year supporting the Oakland A’s Homeruns for Hunger program benefitting the Alameda County Community Food Bank. For each homerun the Oakland A’s hit during the 2016 regular season, 1st United Credit Union will make a donation in the amount of $50 to the Alameda County Food Bank. In the past 4 years 1st United Credit Union has donated $33,600 to help Alameda County Community Food Bank pursue their mission for a hunger-free community.
- Radio Legend Hospitalized with COVID
- Atlanta’s Black Radio Stations Come Together for Black Radio United For The Vote
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Kanye West Requests Charlamagne Tha God To Be Secretary Of State
- Racist Radio ‘Karen’ Loses Gig After Rant on Latinos at Construction Site
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Zindzi Mandela, Daughter of Nelson and Winnie Mandela, Dies at Age 59
- More Details Arise Of 50 Cent’s Attack On New Jersey Rapper
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?