Sistahs Navigating Life Mental Health Symposium September 25, 2010Participate in a special live broadcast on KJLH “Free Talk” about mental health in the Africa American community on September 25, 2010 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. at View Park Preparatory Accelerated Charter High School located at 5701 S. Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles, California.Following the broadcast, the “Sistahs Navigating Life Mental Health Symposium” will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. co-sponsored the Black Journalists Association of Southern California, Supervisor Ridley Thomas, Los Angeles Sentinel Newspapers and Mothers In Action, Cedar Sinai Hospital. This symposium will focus on dispelling the myths and facing the realities of mental health in the African American community. Panel discussions moderated by Judge Mabelean Ephiram and KNBC-4 Reporter Beverly White. Information booths, complementary continental breakfast and lunch. For more information, contact the Los Angeles Sentinel at (323) 299-3800.
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- BRE Publisher Sidney Miller Jr. has Died
- New NAB President and CEO Curtis LeGeyt Shares Vision and Outlook for Broadcasting in Town Hall
- Sony Music Publishing Launches Co-Venture
- Skyview Networks Elevates Steve Jones to CEO and President
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Pregnant Woman Set on Fire: Boyfriend gets $50k Bond
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?