A 7-year-old girl was mauled to death by a dog, and her grandmother has been charged with murder.
Other relatives, such as the 7-year-old’s parents are also facing charges connected to the girl’s death in Waynesboro, Virginia.
Olivia Floyd’s grandmother Penny Lee Bashlor, 64, and her husband Stephen Christopher Kachmar, 60, who was the girl’s step-grandfather, were both told they faced a string of charges including murder on Friday, May 13, according to local police.
Olivia was allegedly attacked by the couple’s 4-year-old Rottweiler on January 29 in the 200 block of Parker Heights Road. She was then rushed to Augusta Health by medics who were unable to save her and she later died from her injuries.
The Rottweiler was later euthanized after it was seized by officers from Waynesboro Police Department. An unnamed woman was also injured in the attack, according to local news station WHSV. She was reportedly treated for her injuries at the hospital.
Waynesboro PD and the Waynesboro Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office released a joint statement that revealed that a special Waynesboro Circuit Grand Jury had issued five charges each to the couple, including non-capital murder.
The couple was also charged with involuntary manslaughter, child abuse/injury, child cruelty/injury, and owning a vicious dog.
The pair are currently being held without bond in the Middle River Regional Jail. The offenses that the couple has been accused of carry prison sentences of up to 70 years.
Olivia’s parents were also charged in connection with the case, Brooks Floyd, 39, and Alicia Floyd, 37, both of Augusta County, were charged with cruelty/injury.
Brooks Floyd was also being held in the Middle River Regional Jail, while Alicia Floyd was released on bond on Friday. The couple’s offenses each carry a potential sentence of up to five years.
- Former Texas Cop Sentenced to Prison Time For Helping Stepfather Distribute Cocaine
- Joe Budden Discusses The Downside of Artificial Intelligence Constructed Music (VIDEO)
- Rising R&B Singer-Songwriter Taylor Talks New Single, ‘Love Just Hates Me’
- Howard Hewett Apologizes to Jody Watley After 40 Years (video) Also, Unsung Full Episode
- Roland Martin Discusses The Virtual HBCU Experience ‘HBCUv’ with United Negro College Fund (VIDEO)
- Sony/ATV’s Jon Platt: The Solo Black CEO of a Global Major Music Company Explains Why A Change Must Come
- Birmingham Radio Radio DJ Mz. Katt Dies
- WATCH MELVONI’S NEW VIDEO FOR “PENNY UP” OUT NOW!
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Two Thugs Start Fight with Man in Store, Get Beaten up by EVERY man in the store (vid)