Ingrooves Music Group, a world leader in music distribution, marketing and technology, announced today that they have signed a global distribution deal with Run-It-Up Records, the independent label founded by music industry veteran Stanley “Citi” Atwater in 2017. “Citi has built a powerful roster of artists backed by one of the most knowledgeable executive teams in the indie sector,” said Bob Roback, CEO of Ingrooves Music Group.
“Run-It-Up is setting up to have an amazing future, and we look forward to sharing our global knowledge and expertise to ensure that it does.” Run-It-Up is the Gen Z leader in the music industry with the most playlisted hits on Spotify and Apple, and the most uploaded song to TikTok in 2022 as a black owned, independent record label.
Run-It-Up has a rich history since its inception in 2017. They have been able to line their office walls with gold and platinum plaques including F.L.Y.’s platinum selling college anthem, “Swag Surfin’,” the double platinum club banger “Nasty Freestyle” by T-Wayne, as well as Trinidad Cardona’s “Jennifer” (gold) and “Dinero” (platinum).
Run-It-Up is currently on a tear. YungManny’s “Clap For ‘Em” featuring Flo Milli was the Top 10 most played song on TikTok in 2021 amassing over 75 million streams independently. At the end of 2021, RIU artist, Hxllywood along with features from Kayla Nicole and Soulja Boy, released “Sneaky Link 2.0” which combined with the original version has amassed over 50 million streams; the video peaked at # 2 on Youtube, reached Top 30 on the Rhythmic Chart; and became the number one hashtag sound on TikTok. On the heels of Hxllywood, RIU released Mohead Mike’s smash hit, “PTPOM”.
The biggest release from the deal includes a remix of the already top charting single, this time with Moneybagg Yo, titled “PTPOM 2.0” by Mohead Mike which is currently Top 20 on the Urban airplay chart. The newest phenomenon is ShantiiP’s “Throw It Back (Abow),” one of the most uploaded songs on TikTok in 2022, with more than 550 million+ views on the platform so far, driving DSP’s to embrace the track it by adding it to multiple playlists.
Be on the lookout for albums from Hxllywood and DJ Chose who recently delivered the monster hit “Thick” as well as a remix from Meg Thee Stallion. “As the Gen Z leader in the music industry, we have more momentum than at any time since our launch, so we had many options when we were looking for a new distribution partner,” said Atwater.
“Ingrooves made the decision an easy one. They are way out in front with new technologies and have the kind of industry relationships and expertise that will help us to ensure our artists build the biggest fan bases possible. We’re excited to be embarking on this new phase of growth with Ingrooves.”
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Mo’Nique’s Apology to DL Hughley (VIDEO)
- The Steve Harvey Show Discusses Martin Lawrence Getting a Star on the Walk of Fame (VIDEO)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Talked to Comedian Earthquake About His New Movie, Tour, and More (VIDEO)
- Teenagers Break into $8 Million Florida Home To Throw Party, Shares Evidence Online
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses T.I.’s Anger Over the Cancellation of His Show
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Why the Verdict Against Bill Cosby Might Be Long Overdue (VIDEO)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses What Chris Brown Thinks About His Michael Jackson Comparison
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- Sam Cooke’s Ex-Wife Barbara Campbell Cooke Has Died