LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – It was just Friday we were shocked by her passing and Monday friends and family said goodbye to Francene Cucinello in Louisville. Nearly 700 people gathered at Southeast Christian Church to remember both the persona and the person, a radio show host well-loved by those who knew her.
Francene had so many friends. Kathy Gosser, who spoke at her funeral, was one of them.
“What a wonderful title to have: A friend of Francene,” said Gosser.
She had even more fans who listened to her radio program, The Francene Show, every day.
“To all of us she was just Francene … Last names are unnecessary, they’re superfluous when your persona is larger than life,” said Pastor Dave Stone of Southeast Christian.
Those who knew the persona were familiar with her hard-hitting questions, her ability to hold the powerful accountable. One of those was Rep. John Yarmuth, (D-KY 3rd), who was on her show every Friday and selected to speak at her memorial service.
“She was a gift because she made us question ourselves,” Yarmuth said. “Oftentimes people would say to me, ‘God Francene was tough on you today.’ I said, ‘You know, I figure if I can hand le Francene, then I can hand le just about everybody because she does ask the questions that need to be asked.'”
It was hard to miss, even through the airways, what was at Francene’s heart.
via -read more here]
- Caught On Camera: Grandma Tricks Scammer Into Being Arrested
- Watch Man Prepare Beef Tongues for Dinner (video)
- Yikes! Is This Jasmine Guy?
- Mary Wilson -The Motown Anthology Available March 4
- Fantasia States a Lot of Stars are Actually Broke and How She Lost Everything Twice (video)
- Radio Milwaukee Names New General Manager
- Steve Harvey reacts to Kenan Thompson Imitating him Admits he can’t read well but says Kenan needs to lose weight (video)
- MALLORY MERK DROPS DREAMY, INSIGHTFUL GEM “EVOL”
- Theo Battaglia Promoted to Executive Vice President/Head of Creative at 10K Projects
- CBS Sports Radio’s SUPER BOWL Coverage is Second to None