Radio Facts: Radio Facts: 99.5 WYCD (WYCD-FM) announced well-known personality Roxanne Steele has been named the permanent host of the midday show airing on WYCD-FM weekdays from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, which can be heard over-the-air, online at www.wycd.com or via the Radio.com app for mobile devices.
“I'm having so much fun in country radio working with Country Radio Hall of Fame Programmer, Tim Roberts,” said Steele. “In addition to taking my passion for music to a whole new audience, I'm also learning so much from the talented staff here at the legendary WYCD. I'm super excited and thankful for this new radio journey.”
Debbie Kenyon, Senior Vice President/Market Manager, CBS RADIO Detroit said, “I am thrilled to add Roxanne permanently to the WYCD staff. Her personality adds a lot of fun to the workday.”
Operations Manager/Program Director Tim Roberts added, “Roxanne is a proven winner and talented major market personality with a great friendly delivery that fits perfect into the WYCD on-air Family!”
Steele was born and raised in Los Angeles where her love for radio was born. After high school, she attended the Academy of Radio Broadcasting in Huntington Beach, CA and landed her first job on air at age 19. After stints in Washington, Texas, and Arizona, Steele’s career took off in Top 40 radio working for B96 in Chicago for 12 years. Most recently, she was the midday host for WYCD’s sister station, 98-7 AMP Radio (WDZH-FM.). This is Roxanne’s first stint in country radio.
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time