FAMU Early Voting Polling Center Opens
Tallahassee – Florida A&M University (FAMU) is host to one of the early voting centers opened around Leon County beginning Monday.
The campus polling place, located in the Student Union Multipurpose Room C, 1628 South Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, is from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Early voting ends on Nov. 1. Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 3.
Supervisor of Elections for Leon County Mark Earley said poll workers are ready to ensure voting is done in a safe environment despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We have prepared our early voting sites by training our poll workers to follow public health guidelines, changed room layouts to enable social distancing, and supplied hand sanitizer and disinfectant,” Earley said. “All poll workers will be wearing masks, and I strongly encourage voters to wear them as well. Please thank your poll workers for their courage in serving during this pandemic by the simple courtesy of wearing a mask.”
The benefits of early voting include shorter wait times, more than 30 combined hours of weekend voting, and the flexibility to vote at any early voting site in the county. The list of early voting hours and locations can be found online at www.LeonVotes.gov, and in the Election Guide which was mailed to every eligible voter in the county.
In addition to casting a ballot at an early voting site, voters can also drop-off vote-by-mail ballots. Each site will have a drop box located outside during voting hours, so voters can return their vote-by-mail ballots without needing postage or having to enter the building. Vote-by-mail ballots must be received by the Election Office by 7 p.m. on Election Day for the ballot to be counted.
Voters with questions are encouraged to contact the Supervisor of Elections Office by email at [email protected], or by phone at (850) 606-8683, Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- ANTHEM ENTERTAINMENT ACQUIRES COUNTRY CATALOG FROM HIT SONGWRITER KELLY ARCHER
- Watch Man Prepare Beef Tongues for Dinner (video)
- Radio One, Inc. Charlotte Welcomes Mo Quick
- Rockstar Meat Loaf Dies at 74 from COVID
- SoundExchange Releases Q4 Digital Radio Report
- Radio Milwaukee Names New General Manager
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- BRE Publisher Sidney Miller Jr. has Died
- 70-Million-Year-Old Fossil of Baby Dinosaur Discovered in China
- Former Inmate, Eddie Gibbs, Becomes First N.Y Assembly Member