Tag: black colleges
Priorities for HBCUs are paramount for advocates
Historically Black Colleges and University (HBCU) advocates will take on Capitol Hill to ensure Congressional Representatives are making HBCUs a top priority. HBCU Collective will host its 2nd Annual Day of Action on Capitol Hill with fellow HBCU students, alumni, and supporters who are concerned with preserving the legacy and future of historically black institutions at U.S. Capitol, Zone 10. A formal press conference will be held on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 12:00 PM. Speakers include Congresswoman Alma Adams (D-NC12), Congressman Byrne (R-AL), Shaw University President, Coppin State University President, HBCU Collective’s Founder, and current HBCU students.
Denny’s Announced As Presenting Sponsor Of 19th Annual Tom Joyner Foundation Fantastic Voyage® Cruise
Denny's Announced As Presenting Sponsor Of 19th Annual Tom Joyner Foundation Fantastic Voyage® Cruise - The Party With A Purpose®!
America's Diner joins the charitable cruise for a week-long celebration of empowerment, community and entertainment sailing April 29, 2018
UNCF Atlanta Mayor’s Masked Ball Achieves Record-Breaking Fundraising Goal, Raising More $1.3 Million
- Co-chairs - Ted and Leah Blum, Greenburg Traurig; Rodney Bullard, Chick-Fil-A; Dr. Michael Lomax, UNCF CEO; Wendy and Carey Stewart, Bank of America.
- MASKED Honorees: Mr. and Mrs. Brannigan Thompson, Voya Financial and Mr. and Mrs. Donta Wilson, BB&
- Mrs. Billye Aaron, Co-Founder of the UNCF Mayor's Masked Ball and has launched the Billye Suber AaronLegacy Scholarship in 201
- Tyrese Performing at the UNCF Atlanta Mayor's Masked Ball
Eight HBCU Bands "March On" to the 16th Annual Honda Battle of the Bands Invitational Showcase
- Alabama A&M University, Marching Maroon & White Band (Southwestern Athletic Conference) – fifth appearance
- Alabama State University, Mighty Marching Hornets (Southwestern Athletic Conference) – sixth appearance
- Bethune-Cookman University, Marching Wildcats (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) – 13th appearance
- Hampton University, The Marching Force (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) – first appearance
- Miles College, Purple Marching Machine (Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference) – first appearance
- North Carolina A&T State University, Blue & Gold Marching Machine (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) – sixth appearance
- Prairie View A&M University, Marching Storm (Southwestern Athletic Conference) – eighth appearance
- Tennessee State University, Aristocrat of Bands (Ohio Valley Athletic Conference) – eighth appearance