Weekly sports talk show focuses on Historically Black College and University (HBCU) teams across America
DWCommunications, LLC announced today that the national sports talk show FROM THE PRESS BOX TO PRESS ROW w/ Donal Ware will begin airing on ESPNU Radio on SiriusXM on Friday, October 2. The program will air each Friday at 7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT/4 p.m. PT.
BOXTOROW, as it is known, just celebrated its 15th year on the air last month and is the program which places a major emphasis on HBCU (Historically Black College and University) sports.
ESPNU Radio on SiriusXM is available to listeners nationwide on SiriusXM radios (channel 84), on the SiriusXM app, and at home with Amazon Alexa, the Google Assistant or however they stream in their house.
“We are proud to bring FROM THE PRESS BOX TO PRESS ROW to ESPNU Radio on SiriusXM, which provides an even broader platform to promote what we do with HBCU sports,” said Donal Ware, BOXTOROW founder and host. “There are so many untold stories within the HBCU sports world and more known stories that need to be reemphasized and that’s what we plan to bring to the ESPNU Radio listening audience each week.
“I am also excited to be part of an amazing team at ESPNU Radio on SiriusXM that has outstanding shows and excellent talent.”
Each week the program will talk with the newsmakers in the world of HBCU sports, cover the headline news from around the world of college sports, and will also talk with current and former pro athletes, coaches, administrators and celebrities about not only their line of work, but also about their college sports experiences.
“HBCU sports feature great teams and some of the truly historic rivalries in college sports. So many of the pro athletes we have watched over the years are products of HBCU programs,” said Steve Cohen, SiriusXM’s SVP of Sports Programming. “Donal and his guests do a terrific job each week presenting the latest HBCU news and in-depth analysis. We’re very pleased to be able to give them a platform to reach fans around the country.”
The core of BOXTOROW’s focus has been HBCU sports and the athletes and teams at schools in the CIAA, MEAC, SIAC, SWAC, conferences, as well as Tennessee State, Hampton and other HBCU programs. Over these 15 years, BOXTOROW has told the stories of many HBCU athletes before they became top professionals. Indianapolis Colts All-Pro linebacker Darius Leonard, New Orleans Saints Pro Bowl tackle Terron Armstead, Philadelphia Eagles defensive tackle Javon Hargrave, Chicago Bears All-Pro running back/return specialist Tarik Cohen and Houston Rockets NBA All-Defensive First Team honoree Robert Covington are among the many HBCU athletes who have appeared on BOXTOROW before they embarked on successful pro careers. The program also features many interviews with coaches and administrators at the various institutions.
In addition to airing the BOXTOROW program each week, SiriusXM will continue to air live play-by-play of a HBCU Game of the Week when the season resumes for these teams. SiriusXM has aired HBCU games since 2009.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Racist Asian Man Tells Black Man “This is a No Ni**er Zone.”
- Singer Jaguar Wright Exposing Music Industry Celebs
- Music Industry Tragedy: Daughter of Aswad Ayinde on ID Go Full Episode (link)
- iHeartMedia Announces a Series of Inspiring Events Featuring Performing Artists Khalid and H.E.R. To Culminate Month-Long “HBCU Homecoming Celebration On iHeartRadio”
- Former Golden State Warrior, Monte Ellis, shoots the Sonic Boom $60,000 gift
- Gary’s Tea: Wendy Williams’ Staff Worried About Her Health & On-Air Behavior [WATCH]
- ‘You’re pathetic!’ – Stephen A. slams Max’s Tom Brady take | First Take (Video)