Jay-Z reached out to the governor of Minnesota Governor Tim Walz about the George Floyd murder.
“After our very earnest conversation, Thank you to Governer Walz for doing what's right and calling in Attorney General Keith Ellison to take over the George Floyd Case.
Earlier today, Governor Walz mentioned having a human conversation with me – a dad and a black man in pain.
Yes I am human, a father and a black man in pain and I am not the only one.
Now I along with an entire country in pain call upon AG Ellison to do the right thing and prosecute all those responsible for the murder of George Floyd to the fullest extent of the law.
This is just the first step I am more determined to fight for justice than any fight my would-be oppressors may have a prevail on every politician, prosecutor and Officer in the country to have.
The courage to do what is right. Have the courage to look at us as humans dad brothers sisters and mothers in pain and look at yourselves
Shawn “Jay- Carter
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- ENTERTAINMENT ONE ELEVATES ANDRE HOWARD TO VP DIGITAL MARKETING AND EBRAHIM RASHEED TO DIRECTOR A&R & ARTIST DEVELOPMENT
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- When Keeping it Racist Goes Wrong and Gets You Almost Knocked Out