Jay-Z reached out to the governor of Minnesota Governor Tim Walz about the George Floyd murder.VIRGINIA BEACH, VIRGINIA – APRIL 27: Jay-Z performs onstage at SOMETHING IN THE WATER – Day 2 on April 27, 2019 in Virginia Beach City. (Photo by Craig Barritt/Getty Images for Something in the Water)
“After our very earnest conversation, Thank you to Governer Walz for doing what’s right and calling in Attorney General Keith Ellison to take over the George Floyd Case.
Earlier today, Governor Walz mentioned having a human conversation with me – a dad and a black man in pain.
Yes I am human, a father and a black man in pain and I am not the only one.
Now I along with an entire country in pain call upon AG Ellison to do the right thing and prosecute all those responsible for the murder of George Floyd to the fullest extent of the law.
This is just the first step I am more determined to fight for justice than any fight my would-be oppressors may have a prevail on every politician, prosecutor and Officer in the country to have.
The courage to do what is right. Have the courage to look at us as humans dad brothers sisters and mothers in pain and look at yourselves
Shawn “Jay- Carter
- Bernie Sanders Memes the Funniest Thing to Come Out of the Inauguration
- The Official Statement From Michael “Harry-O” Harris’ Camp after Pardon from Trump
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Reactions To Donald Trump Pardoning Lil’ Wayne & Kodak Black
- Anderson Cooper Found Out Amanda Gorman the Person is Even More Amazing than the Poet
- Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Groups of All Time
- Official Statement: Trump Pardons Death Row Records co-founder Michael “Harry-O” Harris
- Who Was Gene Griffin? See Comments
- 10 GREAT MUSICIANS WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN BIGGER STARS
- iHeartMedia Chicago’s 107.5 WGCI Announces Charmaine Bey as New Midday Host