2018 Bounce Trumpet Awards Increases Viewership for the Second Consecutive Year, Seen by 2.4 Million Viewers Sunday Night
Premiere Telecast Becomes #1 Show on Cable in African-American Homes
The premiere of the 2018 Bounce Trumpet Awards was up +43% over last year's telecast, delivering over half a million total viewers (546K), and also posted significant double-digit gains of +38% in Households (398K), +60% in the delivery of Adults 18-49 (215K) and +27% in A25-54 (237K). This is the second consecutive year that the Bounce Trumpet Awards has grown in viewership; the 2017 telecast was up tremendously vs. 2016 as well.
The 2018 Bounce Trumpet Awards aired on Bounce while being simulcast on sister networks Escape and Laff in honor of Black History Month. The airings across the three networks combined to reach 2.4 million total viewers.
In the delivery of its target audience of African Americans (AA), the 2018 Bounce Trumpet Awards was the #1 show among all ad-supported cable networks in the delivery of AA Viewers 2+ in its premiere time-slot, beating such networks as Bravo, USA, OWN, BET, TV1 and over 100 other nets.
The 2018 Bounce Trumpet Awards also beat BET's Social Awards in Household delivery.
The 2018 Bounce Trumpet Awards Red Carpet Show from 8:30–9:00 p.m. ET also performed well, posting double digit gains in key demos vs. the time-period: +38% IN HHs, +60% in A18-49, +56% in A25-54 and +50% in Persons 2+.
Actors Larenz Tate and Erica Ash hosted this year's Bounce Trumpet Awards. 2018 honorees were Jermaine Dupri, Cameo, Richelieu Dennis, Tamika Mallory, Marley Dias, Dr. Lonnie Johnson and Rhyon Brown. Performers and presenters included Ludacris, CeeLo Green, Doug E. Fresh, Xscape, Bow Wow, Keke Wyatt, Arrested Development, Anthony Hamilton, V. Bozeman, Miche'le and many more.
The Trumpet Awards were conceived to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of African Americans and those who have succeeded against great odds and inspired success in others. Founded in 1992 by American Civil Rights leader Xernona Clayton, The Trumpet Awards were acquired by Bounce in 2016. The list of prestigious honorees over its 26-year history includes Muhammad Ali, Beyoncé, Jamie Foxx, Halle Berry, Stevie Wonder, The African-American Women of the United States Congress, Steve Harvey, Martin Luther King III, Janelle Monáe and Spike Lee. Visit www.trumpetawards.com for more information.
Bounce (@BounceTV) airs on the broadcast signals of local television stations and corresponding cable carriage, and features a programming mix of original and off-network series, theatrical motion pictures, specials, live sports, and more. Bounce has grown to be available in more than 99 million homes across the United States and 95% of all African-American (AA) television homes, including all the top AA television markets. Bounce is part of The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP).
Source: Nielsen L+SD, Time-Period Data, Sun 8:30p-1a 2/11/18 vs. P4W (1/14/18-2/4/18) & 1
- Atlanta’s Black Radio Stations Come Together for Black Radio United For The Vote
- Radio Legend Hospitalized with COVID
- Kanye West Requests Charlamagne Tha God To Be Secretary Of State
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Racist Radio ‘Karen’ Loses Gig After Rant on Latinos at Construction Site
- More Details Arise Of 50 Cent’s Attack On New Jersey Rapper
- Zindzi Mandela, Daughter of Nelson and Winnie Mandela, Dies at Age 59
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- DJ Cassidy Threw the Best Online Party with Pass The Mic
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group