A woman named her brother as the attacker after waking up from a two-year coma. A new report said the West Virginia woman named her brother as the attacker who beat her unconscious.
West Virginia MetroNews reported Friday that in June 2020, Wanda Palmer had been savagely beaten in the head with a machete or hatchet at her Cottageville home.
“When we got there, to be honest, we thought she was dead,” Jackson County Sherriff Ross Mellenger said, according to the outlet.
Detectives were unable to identify Palmer’s attacker. They were surprised when they got a call from her care facility last week, letting them know that she had regained consciousness.
“We had a little bit of an idea what happened, but the problem was with the nuts and bolts of the case; we had nothing to go on. There was no eyewitnesses, nobody lived in the home, no surveillance footage, no cellphone records. There was virtually nothing there to move forward on,” Mellenger said, according to the outlet.
Palmer was able to communicate with detectives, despite suffering a severe brain injury. She was able to tell investigators that her brother Daniel Palmer was the one that had beaten her nearly to death.
“The keys to the whole thing lay with the victim herself, and with her unable to communicate, we were left with nothing. Now lo and behold, two years later and boom, she’s awake and able to tell us exactly what happened,” Mellenger said.
Daniel Palmer allegedly has been arrested on the charges of attempted murder and malicious wounding.
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,