Radio Facts: A successful national radio host, a New York Times best-selling author and now a natinoal spokesperson for Ford?
Essence veteran Steve Harvey appeared briefly on the main stage Friday not as a comedian, but as a spokesman for festival co-sponsor Ford. In keeping with his put-upon comedic personality, he struggled to adjust to his new role. “This is killing me,” he said. “I would normally be telling jokes.” He did briefly clown around in front of the stage fan that would later blow Beyonce’s hair. And he noted that in 1977, he worked on a Ford assembly line. Now he’s the company’s presumably well paid spokesperson.
“That’s a major turnaround for me,” he said. “God is in the blessing business. He can turn your life around if you give him a shot.” Like Ne-Yo and Beyonce, he paid tribute to Michael Jackson, “the single greatest live performer of our lifetime. Do not lose sight of the greatness of this human being. Don’t be misled about rumors or lies. All of us in here have been touched by the music of Michael Jackson. You can do a tribute for four or five days and not run out of hits. The boy was amazing. Don’t lose sight of the man who put black people on MTV. If it wasn’t for Michael Jackson, we wouldn’t have crossed that boundary.”
Harvey slipped in one final plug – for himself: “I’ve got a book signing tomorrow somewhere. Find it.” [source]
- One of Nielsen’s Top Black Executives Sues Charging Discrimination
- TOWNSQUARE Appoints Market President/Chief Revenue Officer Of Lufkin With “Local First” Experience To Lead In Killeen-Temple
- Chicago Rapper Hires Friends to Murder his own Mother for her Insurance Money
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Black Man with Knife Shot and Killed By Cops in West Philly (Graphic Video)
- Chartmetric Partners with Sirius XM/Pandora on Music Analytics
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- White Guy Stabs a Police Officer and Is Still Breathing (VIDEO)
- Black Woman Absolutely Destroys Kansas City Board of Police Commissioners (VIDEO)
- Sony/ATV Signs Brad Cox to Global Deal