The Steve Harvey Morning Show discusses why an “ignorant” couple should not home-school their children. A woman wrote in and said that 13 years ago, she became friends with a newly married young couple at church. The couple has two children and are God-fearing people with good hearts. The only problem is they are not book smart, and the wife lacks common sense.
The couple has speaking difficulties, and their subject-verb agreement is always off. They also have lousy spelling. The woman went on to say, when she met the couple, her first impression was that they had learning disabilities when they were younger, and that is how they met. She later realized that was not true about the couple.
The couple plans to home school their 8-year-old child, although the husband never finished high school and the wife just received her GED. The couple made the announcement to the church group, and some members were concerned.
“We left the church meeting, and before I could get in my house good, I had three messages from people in our group telling me I had to stop them or their child would be ruined for life,” read Shirley Strawberry.
Since the author of the letter was the closest person to the couple, it was suggested that she should be the one that told them not to homeschool their child.
Strawberry said telling someone how to raise their child is not a good idea; instead, try suggesting ways to help them make a better decision. She added that the concerned friend should not overstep her boundaries and tell people how to raise their children.
Steve Harvey says that he disagrees with Strawberry. He said someone must intervene and save the youngsters. “You’ve got to save these kids. This is not no time to be Christian,” he added.
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work (video)
- Man Leaves Philadelphia Because of Gun Violence, Comes Back for Funeral, Shot and Killed (video)
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- Ebro in the Morning Discusses Irv Gotti Still Wearing the Watch Ashanti Gave Him (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says Some People Were “Idiots” For Getting Kicked out of Beyoncé’s Secret Album Release Party (VIDEO)
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,