Radio Facts: Live Nation Welcomes Lesley Olenik as VP of Touring
Lesley Olenik, VP Touring, Live Nation US Concerts (PRNewsfoto/Live Nation Entertainment)Lesley Olenik, VP Touring, Live Nation US Concerts
Today, Live Nation Entertainment announced the hire of Lesley Olenik as a VP of Touring for its US Concerts division. Based in Los Angeles, Olenik will report to Omar Al-Joulani, SVP of Touring. She joins Live Nation as a veteran of the live music industry, having spent nearly a decade handling many different aspects of concert promoting for Goldenvoice and AEG Concerts.
“With a deep knowledge of the industry and an innate ability to connect with artists, Lesley is the perfect addition to help lead our touring group as we continue to meet the growing demand for concerts,” said Al-Joulani. “We're extremely happy she decided to make the jump to Live Nation and can't wait to see what she accomplishes as part of the world's leading live entertainment team.”
Live Nation recently reported Q2 earnings which revealed that additional shows and increased fan attendance helped drive one of the Concerts group's strongest quarters to date, growing revenue for the division by 34%. Given the strong performance of shows to date and the pipeline for the rest of the year, Live Nation expects to promote close to 28,000 events in 2017, up from 26,000 last year.
Olenik most recently served as Senior Vice President of Talent Buying for Goldenvoice, where she booked and produced concerts throughout Southern California, including highlights such as Adele's eight-show run at The STAPLES Center, four performances by Flume at Shrine Expo Hall, and two editions of Radiohead at Shrine Auditorium. She regularly handled concerts at all these venues as well as Microsoft Theater, The Greek Theatre, and The Theatre at The Ace Hotel. Olenik also helped drive festivals at Goldenvoice. She was instrumental in launching Tyler, The Creator's Camp Flog Gnaw Carnival in 2011, and helped grow the fest from a single-day event for 2,500 attendees in The STAPLES Center parking lot to a full-fledged festival taking over all 160-acre Exposition Park. Olenik also curated talent, oversaw marketing strategies and managed production expenses for festivals including Festival Supreme, The L.A. Bluegrass Situation, Fool's Gold Day Off and Low End Theory. Earlier in her career, Olenik held posts as the Director of Talent Buying for Nederlander Concerts, and Talent Buyer for Viejas Entertainment. She has been recognized at the Annual Pollstar Awards as the “Night Club Talent Buyer of the Year” (2012 and 2014), and named to Billboard's “40 Under 40” list (2016).
Olenik received her Bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan.
- Radio Legend Hospitalized with COVID
- Atlanta’s Black Radio Stations Come Together for Black Radio United For The Vote
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Kanye West Requests Charlamagne Tha God To Be Secretary Of State
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Racist Radio ‘Karen’ Loses Gig After Rant on Latinos at Construction Site
- DJ Cassidy Threw the Best Online Party with Pass The Mic
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs