Multiple life sentences were given to a man prosecutors said molested three generations of the same family. Cobb County District Attorney Flynn Broady said the Georgia grandfather was sentenced on Monday to two life terms plus five years after being found guilty of rape, aggravated child molestation, and child molestation in late February.
Bennie Frank Johnson, 66, of Mableton, was arrested in May 2018 after being accused of sexually assaulting an 8-year-old girl starting in 2017. Broady said the victim’s mother later told investigators when she was a child; she also had been abused by Johnson.
At Johnson’s trial, another witness testified that he raped her as a child when he was married to her mother. Johnson was eventually convicted of all counts he faced.
“This is the beginning of breaking generational curses for my family,” the victim’s mother said in her impact statement read during Johnson’s sentencing.
In a statement, Assistant District Attorney Alex Clark said that with Monday’s sentence, Johnson will “never be able to abuse another child again.”
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Johnson had been held without bond since his arrest.
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Black Teen Gets Concussion, Lands in Coma, Wakes up only Speaking Fluent Spanish, Shocks Everyone (video)
- Support Provided for Grief-Stricken Staff After “Catastrophic Failure” Kills Over Twenty Thousand Fish
- Rickey Smiley Talks About Being Scared for Wendy Williams’ Life (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Discusses a Woman Who is Willing to Share Her Man (VIDEO)
- Editorial: Angela Yee’s Exit from The Breakfast Club? Timely and Smart
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,