Digital and Radio Facts: Kim Burrell was once canceled by Ellen DeGeneres for an appearance to sing with Pharell from the movie soundtrack Hidden Figures in 2017. Ellen was not too far off on this one. Burrell also insulted Fantasia's vocal ability.
Here she goes off the deep end on the LGBTQ community then in the video below it, she denies everything she said in the first video. She was making a last-ditch effort to save an appearance on Ellen to promote a song project with Pharrell but Ellen didn't want her on the show and there was a huge backlash. Some of the names people called Kim were hilarious. Like, “The Hunchback of the Hood” (see the first video to see what they meant) She pretty much vanished from social media but it's rather odd that the late bisexual superstar Whitney Houston held her in such high regard.
Radio Facts: Gospel singer Kim Burrell is trending heavy for her extremely derogatory remarks against homosexuals in the black church “You play with the homosexual spirit in God's house and you'll die from it in 2017” Burrell stated to church members during a sermon in her church.
“That perverted homosexual spirit is a spirit of delusion and confusion and it has deceived many men and women” the singer goes on to say. She calls homosexuals “serpents” Finally, kicking Bishop Eddie Long while he's down, she says “Nobody would think you have AIDS if homosexual men didn't come out and reveal what you did behind closed doors.” She indicates that Long is an embarrassment to the church.
Burrell is good friends with Donnie McClurkin, she has worked with gay singer Frank Ocean and was good friends and idolized by the late Whitney Houston who's ex-husband Bobby Brown admitted in his book was bisexual.
In the second video, Burrell backpedaled on a FaceBook Live video stating she never said anything about LGBT people specifically and that she doesn't care about people getting upset and saying they supported her because “I have yet to sell a million albums, what support?”
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Lubin’ Jeffrey Toobin Gets Caught On Zoom | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Kodak Black Announces New Album & Docuseries While In Prison
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- Singer Jaguar Wright Exposing Music Industry Celebs
- 2020 iHeartCountry Festival Presented By Capital One Celebrated The Biggest Names in Country Music
- Lil Zay Osama Shares Scorching New Track “Like A Pimp” Featuring Stunna 4 Vegas