HOT 102.7's station vehicle was stolen and an employee carjacked early Tuesday afternoon as he re-fueled the vehicle at an area gas station less than a mile away from the station
Keith “Shug” Gillespie, fleet manager for HOT 102.7, was held at gunpoint by an armed teen at the Jefferson Mobil in Downtown Detroit. The teenager then hopped in the heavily brand ed vehicle (as pictured below) and sped away, hitting another vehicle as he departed. Midday personality Suga Rae then went on air soliciting tips as to the whereabouts of the vehicle. Hundreds of callers flooded the studio lines, giving the station dozens of quality leads. They immediately gave those tips to the station's promotions director who was inside the precinct with the Detroit Police coordinating the influx of the information.In less than an hour, those tips led to local police locating the station's vehicle. Shortly afterwards police apprehending the suspects.
A local resident, whose tips lead to the arrest of the suspects, was rewarded with her only request; a pair of front row tickets to the Alicia Keys-NeYo-Jordin Sparks concert.
Station management sends its sincerest gratitude to its listeners, the Detroit Police Department and Detroit for a speedy recovery of its property.
See full story and local television video report here: https://hot1027detroit.com//Article.asp?id=658872&SPID=13646
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Lubin’ Jeffrey Toobin Gets Caught On Zoom | The Joe Budden Podcast
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- Kodak Black Announces New Album & Docuseries While In Prison
- 2020 iHeartCountry Festival Presented By Capital One Celebrated The Biggest Names in Country Music
- Migos Rapper Offset In Jail Facing Multiple Charges
- Busta Rhymes Calls Out T.I. for Backing Down from Potential Verzuz Battle