GRAMMY NOMINATED PRODUCER, SINGER, SONGWRITER LABRINTH WINS HIS FIRST EMMY AWARD FOR HIS WORK ON HBO’S EUPHORIA
Labrinth today wakes up an Emmy Award winner. Nominated for two Emmys this year as lead composer, Labrinth has won the first category for ‘Outstanding Original Music & Lyrics’ for his work on the official soundtrack for HBO’s hit series Euphoria.
The results for his second nomination for ‘Outstanding Music Composition For A Series’ will be announced on Saturday, September 19th from 8PM to 10PM EST.
For over 70 years The Emmy Awards recognize excellence in various areas of television and emerging media and are widely recognized as one of the most coveted awards of all time. The win signifies a pivotal moment in Labrinth’s career, as it celebrates his first-ever project as lead composer.
Following a year of multiple Grammy nominations (The Lion King), Labrinth says, “I came across something that read ‘are you brave enough to trust your instincts? Are you brave enough to let go of your worries’, this Emmy is a milestone for my creative expression and freedom, and I’m going to enjoy it for that. Thanks to Sam and the rest of the inspiring Euphoria universe.”
Written and recorded in close collaboration with the show’s writer Sam Levinson, Labrinth’s original compositions to ‘Euphoria’ feature prominently throughout the series as a sonic companion to the show’s angst-driven narrative. The resulting 26-track collection is a genre blending mix of gospel, soul and electronic influences, indicative both of Labrinth’s imitable style as well as the show’s deeply moving storyline.
Labrinth adds, “My experience with Euphoria has made me a better musician. It was a dream come true to give wings and add magic to the different storylines. It was a collaborative effort among Sam Levinson, the crew and the cast – I only added texture to an already phenomenal show. I hope that anyone who listens to the music embraces feeling something.”
Executive produced by Drake, along with manager Future the Prince, the ensemble cast of Euphoria includes actor and singer Zendaya, Maude Apatow, Angus Cloud, Eric Dane, Alexa Demie, Jacob Elordi, Barbie Ferreira, Nika King, Storm Reid, Hunter Schafer, Algee Smith and Sydney Sweeney.
With over 400 million streams to date, Labrinth’s award-winning album is a standalone work of art. In particular the track, ‘Still Don’t Know My Name’ which is listened to more than a million times a day, amassing over 100 million streams to date, trending on Shazam and TikTok, and is rising through the charts rapidly across the world as one of this Autumn’s key tracks to watch.
Labrinth’s recent live-streamed performance of music from ‘Euphoria’ is swiftly approaching 1.5 million views, showcasing his unique, creative and acclaimed artistry.
- 7-year-old Girl Mauled To Death By Dog, Relative Charged With Murder
- Manager at Washington State Arby’s Caught Urinating in Milkshake Mix, Police Say
- Podcast Watching Soars as YouTube Edges Out Spotify to Become the Most Used U.S. Podcast Platform
- TAVIS SMILEY AND KBLA TALK 1580 ANNOUNCES NEW SUNDAY MORNING SHOW
- Morgan State to Bestow Honorary Degrees to Vanguards of Social Justice and the Black Experience
- ‘Stunning’ $30 Million Staircase at Times Square Subway Station Unveiled by MTA
- National Baby Formula Shortage Inspires Woman to Donate 45 Gallons of Breast Milk
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Questions if Keyshia Cole’s Relationship with Antonio Brown is Doomed (Video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks