Digital and Radio Facts:
RCA Records Releases Music From The HBO® Original Series “Insecure” And It’s Wavy AF!
FEATURES MUSIC FROM SHOW CREATOR AND STAR ISSA RAE, D’ANGELO AND THE VANGUARD, THUNDERCAT, GOLDLINK, THE INTERNET, GUORDAN BANKS, KING AND MORE
[New York, NY – December 16, 2016] Today, RCA Records, in partnership with HBO Global Licensing, releases Music From The HBO Original Series Insecure, available now at all digital music providers. Click here to listen or visit www.insecuremusic.com for more information.
From the hysterical “Broken Pussy,” performed by the show’s creator and Golden Globe-nominated star Issa Rae, featuring Kelis, to Thundercat’s “Heartbreaks + Setbacks,” the collection of music from both indie and established artists touches on a variety of social and relationship issues highlighted in the series.
“Music is such a huge part of Issa’s life on the show,” said Insecure creator and star Issa Rae. “She uses it to channel her emotions and work through her insecurities – and we worked hard to make sure the music on the soundtrack reflected Issa’s story and the stories of all of our characters. I’m so excited to get this soundtrack in the hands of viewers who have responded so enthusiastically to the music and the show.”
MUSIC FROM THE HBO ORIGINAL SERIES INSECURE TRACKLISTING:
- Kari Faux – No Small Talk
- Issa Rae/Kelis – Broken Pussy
- TT The Artist – Lavish
- Problem feat. Bad Lucc & The Homegirl – D2B (Dick 2 Bomb)
- Kari Faux feat. Leikeli 47- Top Down
- GoldLink – Palm Trees
- 1500 Or Nothin’ – Girl
- Guordan Banks – Keep You In Mind
- KING – In The Meantime
- D’Angelo And The Vanguard – Sugah Daddy
- The Internet – Just Sayin’ / I Tried
- ERIMAJ – Conflict Of A Man
- SBTRKT feat. Sampha – Hold On
- Thundercat – Heartbreaks + Setbacks
- St. Beauty – Borders
- Moses Sumney – Plastic
Insecure follows best friends Issa (Rae) and Molly (Yvonne Orji) as they navigate the tricky professional and personal terrain of Los Angeles, while facing the challenges of being two black women who defy all stereotypes. The series explores the black female experience in a subtle, witty and authentic way, as Issa and Molly stumble their way towards pulling their lives together, while trying their hardest to never settle for less.
Created by Issa Rae and Larry Wilmore, the comedy series INSECURE launched exclusively on HBO in October to rave reviews. Issa Rae, Prentice Penny, Melina Matsoukas, Michael Rotenberg, Dave Becky and Jonathan Berry serve as the series’ executive producers; Larry Wilmore serves as a consultant.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Urban AC, 102.9 KBLX, SAN FRANCISCO presents, “The Women of KBLX Virtual Empowerment Forum
- Venuesnow All-Stars 2020 List Announced
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- Sen. Hillman T. Frazier to keynote 143rd Founders’ Day at JSU