Looks like the entire Buffalo Police Department Emergency Response Team has resigned as a show of support for the officers who shoved a 75-year-old man named Martin Gugino to the ground that caused the him to bleed from his ears. The video went viral yesterday and the officers were suspended without pay. In the video (below) you see the man laying on the ground unresponsive without getting immediate assistance. The video has sparked outrage across the country.
Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown responded “The City of Buffalo is aware of developments related to the work assignments of certain members of the Buffalo police force. At this time, we can confirm that contingency plans are in place to maintain police services and ensure public safety within our community. The Buffalo police continue to actively work with the New York State Police and other cooperating agencies.”
Eric County Executive Mark Poloncarz expressed dissapointment with the resignations saying …
“We're worried about what may take place in the in the next few days in our community as now Buffalo has become a flashpoint with regards to the issue of police brutality I’m disappointed to hear if the officers did resign because there are swearing when they become an officer to serve and protect and to uphold the law it’s not to uphold the law as they see choose”
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time