Radio Facts: Radio Facts: E! News co-anchor Terrence Jenkins is set to moderate the keynote conversation with First Lady Michelle Obama on Thursday, July 23rd at 11:00am ET at the 2015 Beating the Odds Summit, part of the First Lady's “Reach Higher” initiative, which encourages all students to pursue post-high school education. In addition to the first lady, rapper Wale, Education Secretary Arne Duncan and Brown University senior and co-founder of 1vyG Manuel Contreras, will also be featured on the panel.
“I am humbled that the First Lady invited me to moderate the keynote conversation at the ‘Reach Higher' summit,” says Jenkins. “In addition to working with the White House on the ‘My Brother's Keeper' program, which also helps our youth stay on track, the summit this week will allow me to be a part of another incredibly valuable program that aims to enrich the lives of these students.”
The first lady will welcome more than 130 college-bound students from across the country to participate in the all-day summit. These students are being sponsored by 70 non-profit organizations, and represent a mix of urban, rural, foster, homeless, special needs, and under-represented youth who have overcome substantial obstacles to persist through high school and make it to college.
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- They Are Killing Music Right Before Us | The Joe Budden Podcast
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Migos Rapper Offset In Jail Facing Multiple Charges
- Brian Dalyrimple (Soul for Real) Held Without Bond and…
- YSN FLOW Releases New Track And Video “WANT BEEF? 3.0”
- Lil Zay Osama Shares Scorching New Track “Like A Pimp” Featuring Stunna 4 Vegas
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Bart Scott is NOT buying the idea that the Seahawks want to help Antonio Brown as a person | Get Up