Radio Facts: Radio Facts: The Music Video for “Wear Me Out” will Premiere on June 11
Eminem and Alex Da Kid Are Executive Producers of Debut Album from KIDinaKORNER/Interscope
“Wear Me Out,” the latest track from Skylar Grey's soon-to-be-released debut album, Don't Look Down, is available today through all digital retailers from KIDinaKORNER/Interscope, and the music video for the track will premiere on June 11. The hotly anticipated album, executive produced by Eminem and Alex Da Kid, will be released on July 9.
“I am going back to my roots as a piano-driven singer-songwriter with this song,” said Grey. “The song and the video were both inspired by events in my childhood, like sneaking out of the house to camp with my friends and flirt with boys.”
On “Wear Me Out,” Grey delivers an expertly crafted, soulful, sweet pop gem with just the right amount of “had enough” attitude. The music video was shot by Isaac Rentz, whom Grey also worked with for the video for “C'mon Let me Ride.”
Don't Look Down will be a 12-track album featuring songs that trace Grey's life from rebellious childhood years to more recently as she struggled to find her place in the world, and they showcase Grey's dusky, ethereal voice and gift for haunting melodies, set to inventive, percussive beats. Tallying an impressive and growing total of nearly 15 million views since its release, Grey's fun and sarcastic first single, “C'mon Let Me Ride,” was an instant hit and amassed more than 4 million views in just 72 hours after release.
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- This ‘Karen’ May no Longer be Racist after This (video)
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time