Radio Facts: “VIBE Verses Presents No. 1 Stan” Contest to Support the Award-Winning Hip Hop Icon’s Appearance as VIBE’s 2nd Annual Real Rap Issue Cover Star and His Highly Anticipated New Album, Relapse
VIBE, the definitive voice of urban culture, launches a new iteration of its VIBE Verses competition giving aspiring artists a global platform to showcase their skills for a chance to be personally crowned by Eminem as a finalist in the “VIBE Verses Presents No. 1 Stan” contest. Launched in May 2007, VIBE Verses is VIBE’s proprietary rap battle property which has attracted more than 100,000 rappers and hip hop music enthusiasts to date to create profiles in its online community.
VIBE is launching this worldwide rap star competition with Eminem to support the award-winning hip hop music icon as VIBE’s 2nd Annual Real Rap Issue cover star and the highly anticipated release of his new album, Relapse (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope). Contest Web site is numberonestan.com. “Battling is the way I came up, so it’s gonna be interesting to watch a rap battle unfold online,” states Eminem. “VIBE is taking it out of the clubs and street corners and putting it on the net. MCs better bring it, because I’m watching.”
In the contest’s first phase, all entrants will rhyme for 60 seconds over a specially selected instrumental track and submit video clips of their performance on numberonestan.com. Due to popular demand thus far, the first round of the competition has been extended a week until April 30, 2009. VIBE will send the Top 10 finalists (determined by VIBE.com user votes) a second instrumental track to rhyme over for 60 seconds, which will then be submitted to Eminem for careful review. His personal selection of the final two will be made by May 8, 2009. Arrangements will be made for the two finalists to be flown to a VIBE event where the winner will be crowned by audience response, presented with an engraved microphone certifying them as Eminem’s “No.1 Stan,” and featured in VIBE magazine and on VIBE.com.
VIBE’s June/July Real Rap issue featuring Eminem will hit newsstand s everywhere on May 19, 2009.
- One of Nielsen’s Top Black Executives Sues Charging Discrimination
- TOWNSQUARE Appoints Market President/Chief Revenue Officer Of Lufkin With “Local First” Experience To Lead In Killeen-Temple
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Chicago Rapper Hires Friends to Murder his own Mother for her Insurance Money
- Chartmetric Partners with Sirius XM/Pandora on Music Analytics
- Black Woman Absolutely Destroys Kansas City Board of Police Commissioners (VIDEO)
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- White Guy Stabs a Police Officer and Is Still Breathing (VIDEO)
- Black Man with Knife Shot and Killed By Cops in West Philly (Graphic Video)
- Pia Mia Drops “Hot (Remix)” Featuring Sean Paul & Flo Milli