Radio Facts: SMIRNOFF® Vodka, the world's best-selling vodka, announced DJ JayCeeOh of Los Angeles as season three winner of America's premier DJ competition, Master of the Mix, on VH1. After an epic season of intense battles, surprise challenges and hundreds of hungry DJs competing for the ultimate title, DJ JayCeeOh has prevailed and officially been crowned the Season 3 “Master of the Mix.” Along with this title JayCeeOh was awarded $250,000 and will spin as SMIRNOFF‘s official DJ for the next year.
“Season 3 of Master of the Mix served up an incredible season of energetic competition, amazing SMIRNOFF cocktails and great deejaying,” said Erin Chin, Senior Brand Manager for SMIRNOFF Vodka. “We're proud to announce JayCeeOh as the winner and the newest ‘Master of the Mix', as we continue to promote responsible nightlife.”
JayCeeOh‘s skills and versatility earned him high-marks each week from the esteemed panel of judges – DJ Kid Capri, DJ Mia Moretti and Ben Maddahi – and recognition from his fellow contestants. After an intense final round, the remaining three DJ contestants, Chris Karns, Incrediboi and JayCeeOh, battled it out to the bitter end coming down to a very tough decision by the judges.
While DJ JayCeeOh spins many genres of music, his expertise is rooted in hip-hop, as he has worked with big-name artists such as Talib Kweli, Wiz Khalifa, J.Dilla, Sean Price, and currently serves as rapper Sammy Adam‘s official tour DJ.
“I'm honored to have won Season 3 of ‘ Master of the Mix ,'” said JayCeeOh. “SMIRNOFF and VH1 have done an incredible job of giving DJs the opportunity to showcase our craft to the world by creating a reality competition exclusively for DJs that shows how we play an integral role in the music industry. I feel humbled to be a part of this experience and I am excited for the next step in my career as I join SMIRNOFF as the official DJ for the next year.”
Master of the Mix Winner DJ JayCeeOh will kick off his career as the official DJ for SMIRNOFF by taking the stage in June for the Florida Fresh Mix Tour, developed by SMIRNOFF, making stops in Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando and Miami. Concert details for the Florida Fresh Mix Tour will be available in upcoming weeks as well as future events featuring SMIRNOFF‘s official DJ JayCeeOh.
For additional information, please visit www.facebook.com/MasterOfTheMix or www.vh1.com. And while mixing it up, always remember to enjoy SMIRNOFF responsibly.
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time