Cheryle Harrison has been appointed the head of Bounce, the nation’s popular entertainment television network serving African Americans.
Harrison has served in various roles at Bounce since it was launched in 2011 as the first Katz network. She will now be responsible for the overall strategic vision for Bounce, including brand strategy, programming, marketing, social media, digital, and community relations. She is based in Atlanta and reports to Lisa Knutson, president of Scripps Networks.
“Cheryle has been a driving force in Bounce’s development, growth, and success since its beginning,” Knutson said. “She is a talented, well-respected leader at Scripps and within Scripps Networks and the right person to guide Bounce through an important and exciting new future as we strive to continue serving Black audiences on TV and beyond.”
Harrison has more than 30 years of experience in broadcasting and digital media. Prior to joining Scripps when it acquired Katz in 2017, she served in ascending positions with Turner Broadcasting. She has been recognized with awards from the National Black Chamber of Commerce and Cynopsis Media, which named her “One of the Top Women in Digital Media.”
“Our goal is that Bounce will become the meeting ground for Black culture, communities, and creators building the most valued Black media brand in the world, and for the world, with authenticity and purpose,” Harrison said. “I’m excited to lead Bounce into the future.”
- Teen Kills his Enemies’ Mother While Visiting Her Son’s Grave for His Birthday
- Steve Harvey Discusses a Woman Unaware She is Seeing a Married Man (VIDEO)
- Woman Shot in the Lips at Party in Atlanta
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Online Betting Sites Trying to Figure out Kim Kardashian’s Next Boyfriend (VIDEO)
- Chicago Hit and Run During Fight at Bar Kills 3, Injures 1 (video)
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Amusement Park Evacuated After Three People Shot in Parking Lot
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- Ebro in the Morning Discusses Bobby Shmurda’s Issues in the Music Industry, Having Fun, New Tour, and More (VIDEO)
- Chicago Rapper, Qaw’mane Wilson, Hires Friends to Murder his Mother for her Insurance Money