New York – Hip-Hop icon Russell Simmons delivered a direct message from the President of the United States, Barack Obama, today, January 28, 2011, via MySpace. Simmons, founder of GlobalGrind.com and the author of the best-selling book, “Super Rich,” has been this week's celebrity participant in the MySpace Hijack. He extended his week long take-over as the celebrity “Editor-In-Chief” of MySpace in order to facilitate the message's delivery and impact.
The Myspace Hijack is a progrom developed by Myspace where celebrities take over the editorial content for the week, populating the site with content that is interesting to them . Recently, Myspace has partnered with Black Eyed Peas and Jack Black.
Russell Simmons' message from the President can be viewed at https://www.myspace.com/everything/article/2011/01/27/an-exclusive-message-from-russell-simmons-and-president-barack-obama and is captioned below:
“Over the past week, I have had the great pleasure of taking over Myspace, which was suppose to end on Thursday, but I just couldn't let go. I have shared my musical influences, exclusive excerpts from my new book, Super Rich, inspiring content from GlobalGrind, the best in art and culture, and even a little yoga. I couldn't let go because I had one more thing to share. Nothing makes me prouder than what I received late last night from a hero of mine, the President Of The United States, Barack Obama, and I am overjoyed to deliver his exclusive message to young people of this great nation. As we move forward, let us move forward together as one.”
With great love, all things are possible.
“I've always believed that here in America, every young person should be able to set goals and reach them; to discover their passions and follow them; and to earn their piece of the American Dream. That's why, during the last two years, my Administration has worked hard to give people like you the opportunities you need to reach your potential and win the future. We passed the Affordable Care Act that allows young people to stay on their parents health care plan until they're 26 – allowing more time to find a job that carries insurance. We reformed the student loan system to put billions of dollars back into the pockets of students paying for college instead of watching it pad the profits of big banks. We've invested in clean energy and encouraged a generation of innovators working to start the companies and build the technologies of the future. We've ended combat operations in Iraq and brought more than 90,000 troops home from the battlefield, and also made sure they get the care they have earned when they got back. And, even though there's still a tremendous amount of work to be done, I promise that every decision I make in the years ahead will be made with you in mind. Each of you represents our hope for this country. Your generation will be the one leading America into the future. And if we do our part, I know you'll make us proud.”
~President Barack Obama
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Questions Why Some Young Rich Black Males Overlook Black Girls (Video)
- The Living Legends Foundation Celebrates its 30th Anniversary and Annual Awards Gala
- Mother Charged With Murder After Shooting 6-year-old Son Up To 9 Times
- YO GOTTI ADDED AS A HEADLINER FOR THE 2022 JUNETEENTH UNITY WEEKEND IN DALLAS
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- 1 Dead, 3 Injured After 4 People Fall Off California Cliff
- Officials Say Texas School Shooting Victims Were All In The Same Classroom, 21 Killed
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- Who is DJ Quicksilva? A Radio Facts Exclusive Interview (video)