Digital and Radio Facts:
Grammy and Rock & Roll Hall of Famer and original soul man Sam Moore will join Dan Aykroyd and Jim Belushi of The Blues Brothers for a special guest performance on the 37th annual edition of PBS' A CAPITOL FOURTH, broadcast live from the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol. Named one of the “Top 100 Greatest Singers of All Time” by Rolling Stone Magazine, Moore is best known as one half of the famed Grammy-winning R&B duo Sam & Dave. Their monster hit “Soul Man” catapulted them up both the Pop and R&B Charts selling more than 10 million records worldwide. The Blues Brothers, who based their stage presence and personae on Sam & Dave, premiered their breakthrough, high‐energy rendition of “Soul Man” during their national television debut in 1978 on Saturday Night Live.
“I couldn't think of a more fitting way to honor the 50th anniversary of the release of my 1967 Grammy winning song ‘Soul Man' than to be asked to perform it with the Blues Brothers on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol,” said Sam Moore, whose album An American Patriot is scheduled for release later this summer.
A CAPITOL FOURTH airs on PBS Tuesday, July 4, 2017 from 8:00 to 9:30 p.m. ET before a concert audience of hundreds of thousands, millions more at home, as well as to our troops serving around the world on the American Forces Network. The program can also be heard live in stereo over NPR member stations nationwide. The concert will also be live-streamed online on Facebook Live and https://www.pbs.org/a-capitol-fourth and available as Video on Demand for a limited time only, July 4 to July 18, 2017.
Emmy Award-nominated actor and producer John Stamos (FULLER HOUSE, SCREAM QUEENS) will host A CAPITOL FOURTH, with performances by: iconic multi-platinum selling music legends The Beach Boys, with special guests John Stamos (drums) and Sugar Ray's Mark McGrath (vocals); legendary Motown stars The Four Tops; country music star and Grammy-nominated member of the Grand Ole Opry Trace Adkins; THE VOICE Season 12 winner Chris Blue; multi-talented actress and singer Sofia Carson (DESCENDENTS 2); acclaimed country music singer and songwriter Kellie Pickler, Grammy-nominated gospel legend Yolanda Adams and Broadway star and two-time Tony Award nominee Laura Osnes (BANDSTAND) with the National Symphony Orchestra under the direction of top pops conductor Jack Everly.
The program is a co-production of Michael Colbert of Capital Concerts and WETA, Washington, D.C. Executive producer Michael Colbert has assembled an award-winning production team that features the top Hollywood talent behind some of television's most prestigious entertainment awards shows including the GRAMMY AWARDS, COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS, TONY AWARDS, SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE, and more.
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Historic 92.3 The Beat in LA: A Great Station with a Dark History
- New Report Proves What We Already Know about Black Women and Workplace Discrimination
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Michael B. Jordan’s Former House Assistant Claims They Had A ‘Moment’ In A Closet
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Gary’s Tea: LeToya Luckett’s Husband Allegedly Caught Cheating! [VIDEO]
- 10 Reasons the 70s Black Music is the Absolute BEST Decade
- Trending – Singer Charged with Murder of Fitness Model Wife (video)
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time