An inmate is back in custody after he escaped from a prison in Oklahoma this past weekend.
The ordered manhunt for 56-year-old Frank Logan ended on Tuesday morning when he was taken into custody by officers from the Altus Police Department.
The Oklahoma Department of Corrections, state and law enforcement, collectively launched a search for Logan after he was reported missing from the Oklahoma State Reformatory in Granite during the facility’s 6 p.m. inmate count on Sunday.
On Tuesday, officers found Logan in Altus, a city approximately 25 miles from Granite, after receiving a tip that a man matching his description “was approaching people asking to use a phone,” when the citizen called 911 and Logan was arrested without incident, the ODOC said in a news release.
Logan was described as a white male who is 5 feet and 10 inches tall with “low-cut, balding hair and a goatee” according to the ODOC.
Officials stated that Logan goes by the aliases Tony A. Crider and Tony Crisp, and also has known affiliations to the United Aryan Brotherhood prison gang.
“Only a coordinated effort by investigators from the Office of the Inspector General and law enforcement agencies around the state could deliver these ideal results in less than 48 hours,” ODOC director Scott Crow said in a statement. “On behalf of the citizens of this state, I want to thank them for their relentless pursuit of this escapee.”
Logan was booked into the Jackson County jail where he will face additional felony charges for escape from confinement. He has been incarcerated in Oklahoma since 1987 and was serving multiple sentences, including 60 years for a prior escape from custody when he escaped from the Oklahoma State Reformatory.
There has been no immediate details on how Logan was able to leave the medium-security facility on Sunday.
- Neighbors Cry for More Police Funding After Elderly Woman is Zip-Tied, Robbed, in Broad Daylight
- Prominent Dallas Attorney, Charged, Loses License over Deal to Launder $500 a Month in Drug Money
- Rapper Served Warrant, Has Tiger as Pet, Arrested (video)
- Steve Harvey Says R Kelly’s Situation is a “Tragedy On All Levels” (VIDEO)
- Young Boy Dies After Nebraska Experiences Its First Ever Case of Rare Brain-Eating Organism
- Devoted Father who Homeschooled his Four Young Daughters, Killed in Road Rage Incident
- Woman Arrested After Leaving Toddler in Hot Car While Working Shift at McDonald’s
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses If Nicki Minaj Crossed the Line with Her Comments About Kevin Federline (VIDEO)
- Ebro in the Morning Talks to Tracy Morgan about Returning to the Stage After His Tragic Accident, New Tour, And More (VIDEO)
- Mass Shooting Near Recreation Center Where Children Were Nearby in Philly, 5 Shot (Video)