Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company and one of the two largest radio broadcasters in the U.S., announced the launch of two new Rise Guys craft beers in partnership with Thomas Creek Brewery, Greenville’s oldest craft brewer. Mattman’s Rootin’ Tootin’ Rooster Red Ale and Fat Boy’s Prowlin’ Growlin’ Golden Ale will join the Rise Guys P1 Pilsner as part of the collection, which was launched in July 2018. The new beers, released today, are inspired by the relevant and irreverent rocking personalities of the top-rated “The Rise Guys” morning show on 93.3 Planet Rocks (WTPT-FM).
Mattman’s Rootin’ Tootin’ Rooster Red Ale is an easy drinking red ale with caramel and roasted malt, providing a rich but smooth balance throughout. Fat Boy’s Prowlin’ Growlin’ Golden Ale is an extremely light golden ale with hints of malt, creating a crisp and refreshing finish.
“With question marks surrounding college football season, we decided to create our own rivalry in the form of two new, easy-to-drink ales,” said Steve Sinicropi, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, Entercom Greenville-Spartanburg. “Matching their namesake’s unique style and taste, these beers will go head-to-head, and we look forward to our audience responsibly enjoying these new varieties on gameday.”
“Thomas Creek Brewery is extremely proud of these two beers and our partnership with ‘The Rise Guys,’” said Will Lawrence, Sales Director, Thomas Creek Brewery. “We will be keeping track of sales to see which beer wins the Palmetto Beer Bowl.”
Both designed to achieve ultimate drinkability during game time, the beers are scheduled to be available in over 50 grocery stores and 50 convenience store locations and will be on tap at dozens of locations, including the largest on-tap volume stores in the market. To decide which of the two beers will win bragging rights, Thomas Creek Brewery has launched the Palmetto Beer Bowl, a competition in which beer sales through the end of the college football season will decide a winner.
Launched on January 15, 2003, “The Rise Guys” morning show is an award-winning, top-rated show on 93.3 Planet Rocks (WTPT-FM) in Greenville, SC featuring the relevant and irreverent rocking personalities Mattman and Nine, as well as their co-hosts Fat Boy and Paige. Today, the show is No. 1 in both cume and average quarter-hour share among listeners M25-54, M-F 6am-10am, according to Nielsen’s most recent July rankings. The show was also recognized as a “National Medium Market Personality of the Year” finalist at the 2015 Marconi Radio Awards by the National Association of Broadcasting.
- Attorney Ben Crump and George Clinton Holding Meeting in Front of Sony Music HQ about Industry Stealing Intellectual Property
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Rickey Smiley Confronts Man Who Calls His Friend a Fu**ing Ni**er (VIDEO)
- Money with Friends’ Fall 2020 Guest Line-Up Boasts Top Thought Leaders in Business and Personal Finance
- ABC Audio’s Power Portal Offers 34 Original Videos to Affiliates During Virtual Emmy Awards and The Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards
- Amanda Seales: Whiteness is Nothing to be Proud Of
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- POLO G MAKES TELEVISION DEBUT WITH PERFORMANCE OF “MARTIN AND GINA” ON THE TONIGHT SHOW STARRING JIMMY FALLON
- The 2020 iHeartRadio Music Festival Celebrated Its 10th Anniversary with Iconic Performances and Surprise Collaborations
- Baby Keem releases two songs ‘hooligan’ + ‘sons & critics freestyle’ Video