Byron Allen is always making major moves and somewhat in silence. He has truly built a media empire and apparently he is still going.
Byron Allen’s Allen Media Groupdivision Allen Media Broadcasting has signed a purchase agreement for its acquisition of broadcast television station KITV from SJL Broadcasting for $30 million.
As with other major television stations in Hawaii, KITV-ABC 4 also operates multiple satellite stations and translators to rebroadcast the station’s programming outside of metropolitan Honolulu €“ including KHVO-ABC 13 in Hilo, HI and KMAU-ABC 12 in Wailuku, HI €“ to cover all of the Hawaiian islands.
Allen’s purchase of KITV increases the number of Big-Four network affiliate broadcast television stations owned and/or operated by his Allen Media Broadcasting to 16 stations across 12 U.S. broadcast television markets.
Also included in the KITV portfolio of platforms is carriage of 4 digital cable networks: MeTV, Hawaii TV, Start TV, and Heroes & Icons, as well as a Washington, DC-based news bureau and correspondent.
In February 2020, Allen closed the deal to acquire 11 broadcast television stations from USA Television Holdings and USA Television MidAmerica Holdings for $305 million.
In August 2019, Allen personally partnered with the Sinclair Broadcast Group to acquire 21 Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) from Walt Disney/FOX for $10.6 billion.
Allen’s purchase of broadcast television assets began in July 2019 with his acquisition of Bayou City Broadcasting, which included 4 television stations in Evansville, Indiana and Lafayette, Louisiana for $165 million.
In March 2018, Allen acquired The Weather Channel, serving Americans for nearly four decades, and voted the most trusted news network for ten consecutive years.
“Over the past year we’ve invested over $500 million to acquire best-in-class, top-tier, broadcast network affiliates,” said Byron Allen, Founder/Chairman/CEO of Allen Media Group. “We plan to invest approximately ten billion dollars to acquire more ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX television stations over the next two years with the goal of being the largest broadcast television group in America.”
“SJL is proud of the commitment of our KITV family to serve the Hawaiian community,” said SJL Broadcasting CEO, Brian Lilly. “Allen Media Group recognizes the investment in news and will build on our success.”
- Black Man Shoots Burglar to Protect His Family (VIDEO)
- Walgreens Security Calls Police Because Black Man Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Groups of All Time
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- The Indisputable Top 10 Love Songs by Black Male Singers
- Peter Rosenberg Kicks the Realness about His Wife “Sleeping w/ Black Guys”
- The Undeniable BEST Black Female Singers of All Time
- Racist Neighbor Fires Shotgun into Roof of Black Man’s Apartment and LAPD Does Nothing (VIDEO)