Not least in a night full of surprises, odds-on favorite ‘A Star Is Born’ was unexpectedly shut out of the major award categories last night. The popular and critically acclaimed film received no major awards at last night’s Golden Globes, but did take the honors in Best Original Song for “Shallow.” The film was nominated for five awards, including Best Motion Picture – Drama, Best Actor (Bradley Cooper), and Best Actress (Lady Gaga).
“Shallow” beat out a number of notable contenders in the Best Original Song – Motion Picture category, including “All the Stars” from Black Panther, “Girl in the Movies” from Dumplin’, “Requiem for a Private War” from A Private War, and “Revelation” from Boy Erased.
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- BRE Publisher Sidney Miller Jr. has Died
- New NAB President and CEO Curtis LeGeyt Shares Vision and Outlook for Broadcasting in Town Hall
- Sony Music Publishing Launches Co-Venture
- Skyview Networks Elevates Steve Jones to CEO and President
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Pregnant Woman Set on Fire: Boyfriend gets $50k Bond
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?