At least a dozen people were injured, including five believed to have been shot, in a horrifying attack in a Brooklyn subway station during Tuesday morning rush hour. The Post was told via officials and NYPD sources.
Around 8:30 a.m., at the 36th Street station in Sunset Park, the terrifying incident occurred. FDNY and police said authorities discovered several undetonated devices.
A passenger named Clair, who witnessed the event while riding the Manhattan-bound N train, told The Post there were so many rounds fired off she “lost count.”
“There was like, lots of them. I don’t even know how many,” she said.
The straphanger said she saw the man, described as a 5-foot-5 black man, around 170 pounds wearing an orange vest and gas mask, drop “some kind of cylinder that sparked at the top.”
“I thought he was an MTA worker at first because I was like, I didn’t like pay too much attention. You know? You’ve got the orange on,” she said.
Police officials said Social Media posts have emerged showing bloody subway platform floors and injured people at the station. How many victims were injured in a possible explosion, a mass shooting, or both, remains unclear.
The NYPD’s bomb squad is investigating the scene.
Sources said the suspect is believed to be dressed in a construction garment, similar to an MTA worker.
“While we gather more information, we ask New Yorkers to stay away from this area for their safety, and so that first responders can help those in need and investigate,” the spokesman said.
The subway station serves the D, N, and R lines, and authorities urged riders to avoid the area during the investigation.
- Neighbors Cry for More Police Funding After Elderly Woman is Zip-Tied, Robbed, in Broad Daylight
- Prominent Dallas Attorney, Charged, Loses License over Deal to Launder $500 a Month in Drug Money
- Rapper Served Warrant, Has Tiger as Pet, Arrested (video)
- Steve Harvey Says R Kelly’s Situation is a “Tragedy On All Levels” (VIDEO)
- Young Boy Dies After Nebraska Experiences Its First Ever Case of Rare Brain-Eating Organism
- Devoted Father who Homeschooled his Four Young Daughters, Killed in Road Rage Incident
- Woman Arrested After Leaving Toddler in Hot Car While Working Shift at McDonald’s
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses If Nicki Minaj Crossed the Line with Her Comments About Kevin Federline (VIDEO)
- Ebro in the Morning Talks to Tracy Morgan about Returning to the Stage After His Tragic Accident, New Tour, And More (VIDEO)
- Mass Shooting Near Recreation Center Where Children Were Nearby in Philly, 5 Shot (Video)