Radio Facts: A popular Austin dj was robbed outside his radio station.
Police say Bobby Bones, the morning dj for KISS-FM, was walking through the parking lot of Clear Channel radio in South Austin just after 4 a.m. when someone called out to him, then chased him. Bones tripped and fell, injuring his knee and shoulder.
The thief grabbed Bone's laptop and took off.
Bones posted video of his injuries on YouTube. “Look at this — look at my shoulder. (My) shoulder's jacked up… freaking feet are jacked up… lost my shoes when I ran from that dude, they're all cut up and stuff,” Bones said.
Those who live and work in the area say the incident doesn't have them worried about their own safety.
Justin Greenfield works late night hours at the Stompin' Grounds Coffee and Cocktail Lounge, which is close to where Bones was robbed.
“The police have done a really good job down here. You'll see them patrol up and down every two three minutes at nighttime, so I think that's really kept things pretty calm around here,” he said.
Austin Police Corporal Scott Perry says if you do work in the early morning or late night hours, use common sense — stay aware of your surroundings, park in a well-lit area and have security or a coworker walk you to your car.
“No matter how safe and clean a neighborhood may be, there's still going to be that criminal element that preys on innocent victims,” Perry said.
TV: Austin DJ robbed outside South Austin radio station | News for Austin, Texas | Austin News | KVUE.com | KVUE News |Local News.
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Lubin’ Jeffrey Toobin Gets Caught On Zoom | The Joe Budden Podcast
- White Guy Loses It on Airplane and Causes Chaos After Dropping Racial and Homophobic Slurs (VIDEO)
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Kanye West vs. Issa Rae | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Busta Rhymes Calls Out T.I. for Backing Down from Potential Verzuz Battle
- Fayetteville State University and Meharry Medical College Sign Memorandum of Understanding to Address Medical and Dental Needs in State
- Kodak Black Announces New Album & Docuseries While In Prison