On July 11, 2017, Hennessy hosted the 2017 Hennessy V.S Limited Edition by JonOne launch event at Terminal 5 in New York City. Hennessy, the world's best-selling Cognac, celebrated Black artist JonOne as the designer of the 2017 Hennessy Very Special Limited Edition bottle. The custom-designed bottle, which launched across the U.S. in July 2017, is sold in almost 50 countries worldwide and features a colorful, vibrant design, is the seventh in an ongoing series of collaborations between Hennessy V.S and several internationally renowned artists.
Celebrities including Harlem rapper A$AP Ferg, super producer DJ Mustard, model Chanel Iman and New York Giants players' Sterling Shepard attended the celebration. During the event, JonOne created an elaborate art piece, bringing color to the mix, which served as the backdrop to A$AP Ferg's high energy performance.
JonOne's design process for the Hennessy V.S Limited Edition bottle mirrors the elaborate process of crafting Cognac. With an energy that has come to define his style, to create the bottle art he built layer upon layer of freestyle splashes of color, intermixed with Hennessy's own imagery, echoing the complex layers of flavors and aromas created during the Cognac blending process. The result is a final work that captures the spirit of the artist and gives a nod to the transmission and legacy of Hennessy.
The design appears on a limited run of flagship 750mL Hennessy Very Special bottles (priced approximately at $35). A special deluxe gift edition is also available, featuring a 1.75L bottle decorated with JonOne's iconic tag and Hennessy iconography. It is encased in a whimsically over-sized paint can, inspired by the artist's studio and creative inspiration, and available for a suggested retail price of $200.
For more information, visit Hennessy.com or follow Hennessy on Facebook (Facebook.com/Hennessy), Twitter and Instagram (@HennessyUS, #HowWeHennessy).
- Radio Legend Hospitalized with COVID
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Racist White Woman Tests Black Woman and Gets Punched in the Face
- DJ Cassidy Threw the Best Online Party with Pass The Mic
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time
- ENTERTAINMENT ONE ELEVATES ANDRE HOWARD TO VP DIGITAL MARKETING AND EBRAHIM RASHEED TO DIRECTOR A&R & ARTIST DEVELOPMENT