WASHINGTON, DC — The National Association of Broadcasters announced today the winner of the fourth annual NAB HD Radio Multicast Award. Wilmington Delaware’s WSTW-FM will receive the award for their eclectic side-channel, 93.7-2 Graffiti Radio. The award will be presented during the Radio Luncheon, sponsored by Katz Media Group, on Friday, October 1 during the 2010 Radio Show produced by NAB and RAB in Washington, DC.
“NAB is proud to honor WSTW-FM with the HD Radio Multicast Award,” said NAB Executive Vice President of Radio John David. “Their multicast station provides exceptional programming with innovative musical entertainment, representing the essence of HD Radio.”
With a format featuring a wide variety of styles, including indie rock, funk, synth pop and hip-hop, WSTW-FM’s Graffiti Radio provides a unique listening experience for audiences in the Wilmington and Philadelphia areas. The station also connects to tech-savy listeners via an interactive website with message board and DJ blogs, as well as daily updates on Facebook and Twitter. Graffiti Radio is available on 93.7 HD-2 and at GraffitiRadio.com.
Winners of the NAB HD Radio Multicast Award are recognized for their ability to create innovative or groundbreaking programming on their multicast channel. To be eligible for the award, stations submitted information about the channel’s programming, on-air personalities, promotions, brand ing elements and websites to illustrate the qualities that make their multicast channel separate from their main station. Previous award recipients include KBCO-FM Denver’s “The Studio C Channel,” WRIF-FM Detroit’s “Riff2,” WHUR-WORLD, an extension of Howard University’s WHUR-FM, and WAMU-FM for its Bluegrass Country station, 88.5-2.
As previously announced, the Radio Show Luncheon will feature a newsmaker interview conducted by Christiane Amanpour, anchor of ABC News’ “This Week with Christiane Amanpour.” The Luncheon will include the presentation of the National Radio Award, given this year to Charles Warfield, the president and chief operating officer of ICBC Broadcast Holdings, Inc.
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- Top Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Racist White Man to Publix Worker: “It’s Not My Fault You’re a Ni**er” Over a Sandwich
- ‘Karen’ and ‘Stanley’ Say Black Lives Matter is Racist while Defacing Mural (Video)
- The Indisputable Top 10 Love Songs by Black Male Singers
- Racist White Woman Gets Slapped