Paula Fuga’s highly-anticipated second album, Rain on Sunday is available today through all digital services and select retailers via Brushfire and Republic Records. The twelve-track masterpiece, produced by longtime collaborator Mike Love, sonically connects Fuga’s inspiration of living in Hawaii and all the beauty it possesses alongside guest appearances from Jack Johnson, Ben Harper and J Boog. Full album stream is available here.
In support of Rain on Sunday, Paula Fuga will take her acclaimed catalog and new music on the road with hometown shows starting July 9th at Wailea Kitchen (Maui) through a two-night live showcase on July 30th and 31st at Blue Note Hawaii (in Waikiki on the Island of Oahu) with special guests. Tickets are on sale now and additional tour dates will be announced soon for North America.
In support of Rain on Sunday, Fuga performed the lead track, “If Ever” on Good Morning America alongside musician Jack Johnson, which has garnered over three-million listens and counting. Additionally, Fuga’s video for album track “Hōkūleʻa Star of Gladness,” a beautifully reimagined song written by George “Boogie” Kalama (a crew member on the Hōkūleʻa, the voyaging canoe that embarked on a legendary journey from Hawaii to Tahiti in 1976) is also out now.
An album deeply informed by her connection with the natural world, Rain on Sunday takes its title from the final track, a lilting and luminously detailed song Fuga spontaneously wrote after a glorious morning rainstorm. “My main inspiration in life is living in Hawaii and being able to recognize and appreciate all the beauty it possesses,” says Paula.
In sharing Rain on Sunday with the world, Fuga hopes to invite the same unguardedness in her listeners. “So many people walk around with their hearts closed and their souls cut off from feeling,” she says. “I know that’s a defense mechanism, but I hope this album inspires people to open up. I hope they feel the love that every single musician put into these songs, and I hope it heals whatever’s inside them that needs to be healed.”
Rain on Sunday track listing:
- Just a Little Bit
- Hōkūleʻa Star of Gladness
- If Ever (featuring Jack Johnson & Ben Harper)
- Love, Give it Freely (featuring Natural Vibrations)
- Too Hot Mama
- Lovers Rock
- Saving My Love (featuring J Boog)
- No Place Like Home
- You Got This Girl
- Rain on Sunday
*2021 Tour Dates:
July 9 Maui, HI Wailea Kitchen
July 10 Maui, HI da Playground
July 16 Big Island, HI Uncle Robert’s
July 17 Big Island, HI Ola Brew Co.
July 30 Oahu, HI Blue Note Hawaii
July 31 Oahu, HI Blue Note Hawaii
*Additional North American fall tour dates added soon.
- Baltimore State’s Attorney and Top Prosecutor Indicted On Federal Charges
- The Amazing Howlin’ Wolf: Amazon Prime Documentary Review
- Chubb Rock Launches the Weekend Warriors as an Innovative Option for the Classics
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- K. Michelle Comes Clean about Dangerous Multiple Surgeries in new Lifetime Series (video)
- Stealing Flat Screens from a Moving Train (video)
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- Radio Stations Playing Rickey Smiley Morning Show