Radio Facts: Radio Facts: Bad Boy Entertainment has inked an exclusive partnership with Epic Records, that includes distribution of two highly-anticipated upcoming albums from Grammy award-winning artist, producer, entrepreneur Sean “Diddy” Combs aka Puff Daddy. The deal was announced today by LA Reid, Chairman and CEO, Epic Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment. In celebration of the signing, Puff Daddy will perform new music at this week's BET Hip-Hop Awards in Atlanta.
“Sean ‘Diddy' Combs aka Puff Daddy and I have been musical collaborators since the 1990s,” said Mr. Reid, “when we both ran independent record labels, myself with LaFace and soon after, Puffy with Bad Boy. Over the years, we not only enjoyed incredible success together, but we also became lifelong friends. Today, of course, Puffy is truly in a league all his own, continuing to influence culture and ignite musical revolutions time and time again. He's a true innovator and I could not be more excited to join forces once again.”
The agreement also includes a new label deal with Bad Boy Entertainment and epic records which will bring a new generation of Bad Boy artists to Epic in an exclusive label partnership. The new label will include several new music projects, new artist signings and upcoming releases that will be announced in the weeks ahead. Epic will also provide customary label services for the Puff Daddy albums including promotion, marketing, sales and distribution.
“I have known LA Reid since the very beginning and together we have enjoyed countless successes over our long friendship,” said Mr. Combs. “To now work with LA in this capacity feels more like a homecoming than a new beginning. Not only is he a fearless and smart businessman, he believes in artists and understands music better than anyone. He embodies hard work and true success, evident in all of his endeavors. To collaborate with LA Reid is to collaborate with the very best.”
“It's a pleasure being in business with three major music labels as we approach our third decade of making music for our peers and fans,” states Harve Pierre, President of Bad Boy Entertainment, who has been with the company since inception.
The deal reunites Mr. Combs and Mr. Reid and brings their musical collaboration full circle. Both enjoyed an incredible run with their respective record labels, Mr. Reid with his (and Babyface's) LaFace Records (starting 1989), and Mr. Combs with his Bad Boy Entertainment (starting 1993). The preeminence, power and cultural validity of their association underscores one of the most enduring and heartfelt relationships in all of popular music.
- Music Industry Tragedy: Daughter of Aswad Ayinde on ID Go Full Episode (link)
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- They Are Killing Music Right Before Us | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Singer Jaguar Wright Exposing Music Industry Celebs
- Lil Zay Osama Shares Scorching New Track “Like A Pimp” Featuring Stunna 4 Vegas
- Herschel Walker’s Son Christian Walker says Black Lives Matter Should be about ALL Black Lives (video)
- Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Groups of All Time
- Brian Dalyrimple (Soul for Real) Held Without Bond and…