Adam Corolla who used to be a popular DJ for CBS Radio and now hosts his own popular podcast. My take: Carolla is even better on the Web than he is on the air, but I worried that he'd have a hard time turning his talent and Internet audience into money.
Turns out he's figured out how to do it: By going back to work for CBS. The broadcaster, which canned Carolla from his radio job earlier in the year, is now going to sponsor his podcast. It will promote the show, hand le ad sales and let Carolla program his own Web radio station.
The press release announcing the deal describes it as a “partnership.” I'm trying to figure out if that means Carolla will become an employee again or if it's a real partnership, whereby, say, he retains ownership of his show and shares revenue with CBS (CBS).
I'm guessing it's the former, since selling ads for podcasts still requires a lot of work and not that much return. It's much easier for CBS to sell ads against a local radio station with an audience of a million or more than for Carolla's show, which reaches an average of 130,000 people at a time.
Still, Carolla's show is frequently in Apple (AAPL) iTunes's Top 10 podcast list, and someday, someone will figure out how to take advantage of its (relatively) small but dedicated audience. And the show already has one sponsor”“Carolla has started doing a “live read” for Adam & Eve Stores, the “the nation's number one source for all things erotic.” [source]
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Venuesnow All-Stars 2020 List Announced
- Urban AC, 102.9 KBLX, SAN FRANCISCO presents, “The Women of KBLX Virtual Empowerment Forum
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- DL Hughley Stands by Biden and Harris While Highlighting Ice Cube’s Cynicism
- Daddy Yankee, Anuel Aa And Kendo Kaponi Reup International Smash “DON DON” With Remix Featuring Sisqó
- Watch Episode 2: Fayetteville State University’s 2nd Appearance on Black College Quiz Show