The Rickey Smiley Morning Show discussed Queen Latifa’s reaction to being told she was obese. Streaming on this week’s episode of Red Table Talk, the actress recalled a personal trainer who told her that she was obese, said Maria More.
In the clip from the show, Queen Latifa said she had started working with a personal trainer who was scientific and mathematical.
According to Queen Latifa, the personal trainer showed the movie star different body types and told her what her BMI and weight were. The fitness expert told the rapper that she fell into the category of obesity.
Queen Latifah had a response for her fitness guru. What me? I’m just thick, she said. The Red Table Talk then discussed how the BMI index is problematic because it is based on the body of a white European male in the mid-19th century.
The formula does not consider a person’s ethnicity, gender, or body composition. Over the years, the comparison has been frustrating.
More said she could understand the frustration at the Red Table, especially for people who may have lost a lot of weight and suffer from conditions like loose skin. A person could also be carrying weight that is not necessarily fat. The talk show host said other ways to monitor weight should be examined.
Rickey Smiley said loose skin could be common. “I had a girl that lost a lot of weight and had that little skin; we went and bought a bunch of little hairclips,” said Smiley.
- Neighbors Cry for More Police Funding After Elderly Woman is Zip-Tied, Robbed, in Broad Daylight
- Prominent Dallas Attorney, Charged, Loses License over Deal to Launder $500 a Month in Drug Money
- Rapper Served Warrant, Has Tiger as Pet, Arrested (video)
- Steve Harvey Says R Kelly’s Situation is a “Tragedy On All Levels” (VIDEO)
- Young Boy Dies After Nebraska Experiences Its First Ever Case of Rare Brain-Eating Organism
- Devoted Father who Homeschooled his Four Young Daughters, Killed in Road Rage Incident
- Woman Arrested After Leaving Toddler in Hot Car While Working Shift at McDonald’s
- Live Stream of Woman’s Funeral Continues After Service, Negative Comments About her Go Live (video)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses If Nicki Minaj Crossed the Line with Her Comments About Kevin Federline (VIDEO)
- Ebro in the Morning Talks to Tracy Morgan about Returning to the Stage After His Tragic Accident, New Tour, And More (VIDEO)