We are know The Dream for his songwriting, producing, and of course his own hits and now he will be able to use his talents in a different way. Yesterday it was announced that The-Dream has been named Vice President of A&R at Def Jam.In a statement, The-Dream explained that he feels he can help Def Jam during a time of change in the music industry.”I am committed as I have been previously to bringing the power of belief in the artist back to the forefront,” he said in a statement, as shown on RapRadar. “I share a unique view of an artist and as well as the business of music. I, with the help of many others, have ran a successful business for the last five years in the midst of the ‘Digital Change.'”The Dream also went on to say…”My concentration and effort will be to the artist to succeed in their dreams and goals,” he explained. “I’ve been a part of watching and participating in the success of many great women and men including Beyonce, Rihanna, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion to name a few. Music means more than just a download, it’s life to the culture and also the people who listen. This is a new exciting yet critical time for music ““ “˜You Meet Change with Change!'”In his new and challenging role, The-Dream will seek and develop new talent for the label. He will also work with existing artists, overseeing their releases.
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in Car when Teddy Pendergrass Crashed Speaks
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- DC Council candidate Nate Fleming carjacked in Northeast DC (video)
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- Cumulus Media Appoints New Program Director
- Atlantic Records Names Lanre Gaba New Co-President, Black Music
- Radio Stations Playing Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- Women’s NBA Pioneer Lusia Harris dies at 66