Per usual, Friday is full of high-profile releases. Leading the way, stars PJ Morton, Future, Kehlani, and Giveon deliver new singles in time for the Spring. Through all of the new music that will be released this weekend, expand your music palette and check out the new singles and albums below.
1. PJ Morton – Watch The Sun
PJ Morton has just released his latest album “Watch The Sun”. The project is released via his own Morton Records, and all 11 songs were written and produced by the multi-talented artist himself. “Watch The Sun” features appearances from the likes of Stevie Wonder, El DeBarge, Wale, Nas, Jill Scott, Alex Isley, and more. As Morton’s first album in two years, “Watch the Sun” bridges multigenerational features with progressive soul, a testament to his authenticity in his musical career which nearly spans two decades.
Stream the album and listen here.
2. Future – I NEVER LIKED YOU
Future returns with his ninth studio solo album, “I Never Liked You.” The album arrives nearly two years after Future’s last solo release, 2020’s “High Off Life,” and serves as the Atlanta rapper’s first full-length project since he joined forces with Lil Uzi Vert in November 2020 for their collaborative project, “Pluto x Baby Pluto.” The 16-song project comes with a stacked lineup of guests, with two features from Drake as well as appearances from YSL’s Young Thug and Gunna on the same track, Kodak Black, Tems, and EST Gee.
Stream Future’s new album I Never Liked You now on all major platforms.
3. Kehlani – Blue Water Road
The two-time Grammy Award-nominated singer and songwriter, Kehlani, releases “Blue Water Road,” the new LP dropped at the stroke of midnight collects 13 tracks, including the previously-released “altar,” “little story,” and “Up At Night,” featuring Justin Bieber. The singer’s latest effort is said to be an exploration of an “emotional, sexual and spiritual journey,” and features assists from Justin Bieber, Blxst, Jessie Reyez, Syd, and others.
Blue Water Road is the follow-up to 2020’s star-studded “It Was Good Until It Wasn’t,” which bowed at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart and led the Billboard’s Top R&B Albums chart.
Stream Blue Water Road below.
4. Giveon – Lie Again
Giveon tackles ugly truth on his new single, “Lie Again.” The track arrives with a bit of controversy as the R&B beef between Giveon and ex-girlfriend Justine Skye heats up. The pair were once—seemingly—a match made in music heaven, but it all came tumbling down in real-time as Skye suggested that Giveon was unfaithful. Things have remained relatively quiet between the two until recently, after Skye released her single “What a Lie” last Friday (April 22) and Giveon announced his new track, “Lie Again.” She later called him out.
Listen to the new single from Giveon and check out the video for “Lie Again,” here.
5. Mahalia – In The Club
Mahalia pairs her new song with a music video she co-directed with Oliver Kane. Check out the new single, “In The Club” and music video below.
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Mo’Nique’s Apology to DL Hughley (VIDEO)
- Teenagers Break into $8 Million Florida Home To Throw Party, Shares Evidence Online
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Talked to Comedian Earthquake About His New Movie, Tour, and More (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Why the Verdict Against Bill Cosby Might Be Long Overdue (VIDEO)
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- Woman Gets Prison Time After ‘Prank’ Pushing Man Off Boat, Causing Him To Drown
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses T.I.’s Anger Over the Cancellation of His Show
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Steve Harvey Discusses if Chris Brown is ‘Better’ Than Michael Jackson (VIDEO)
- The Breakfast Club Discussed the Outcome of Suge Knight’s Wrongful Death Lawsuit (VIDEO)