Marion “Suge” Knight’s former attorney has pleaded guilty to conspiracy and perjury charges this past Wednesday and he will be barred from practicing law for life after prosecutors accused him of plotting to bribe witnesses so they would lie for the rap mogul when he faced murder charges in 2016.
Matthew Fletcher, 57, was originall accused of conspiracy to suborn perjury, obstruct justice and bribe witnesses after obtaining a warrant to listen in on jailhouse phone calls between the attorney and Knight in 2015. in addition, he is also charged as an accessory after the fact facing an unrelated count of bribery in connection with testimony he gave at a disciplinary hearing before the State Bar of California in 2016.
Fletcher pleaded no contest under the terms of a plea deal, and one count of conspiracy to obstruct justice as well as one count of perjury. He faces five years probation and has to resign from the state bar for life. If he doesn’t he faces jail time. Read the entire story in the LA Times
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work (video)
- Man Leaves Philadelphia Because of Gun Violence, Comes Back for Funeral, Shot and Killed (video)
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Getting Back Together for the Sake of their Children (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says Some People Were “Idiots” For Getting Kicked out of Beyoncé’s Secret Album Release Party (VIDEO)
- Ebro in the Morning Discusses Irv Gotti Still Wearing the Watch Ashanti Gave Him (VIDEO)
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Nearly A Dozen Homes Deemed Uninhabitable After a Fiery Explosion Rocks Indiana Town, Killing 3