Steve Harvey has reached a level where we can no longer just refer to him as a talk show host, radio host, or comedian. He is now a renaissance man that has success and significance in quite a few areas.
On a beautiful Saturday night in Chicago, where he and his wife were supposed to be in attendance for their fifth annual gala for the Steve & Majorie Harvey Foundation, they were unfortunately forced to change their plans. According to spokesperson for the gala, the couples’ daughter Lori was involved in a horse-riding accident that same day in Lexington, Kentucky.
Steve took to his twitter to address their absence.
“Due to a family emergency My wife & I are unable to attend tonight’s #SMHFGala! We love & appreciate you all. God Bless.”
The spokesperson for the gala also gave some very good news by announcing Lori is expected to make a full recovery.
The benefit honored Holly Robinson Peete and Chicago native, Dwyane Wade while raising $1 million for the Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation, which provides assistance to fatherless children and young adults.
For all the good work Steve Harvey and his family does in the community, Radio Facts would like to wish them well and we hope for Lori’s speedy recovery.
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- BRE Publisher Sidney Miller Jr. has Died
- New NAB President and CEO Curtis LeGeyt Shares Vision and Outlook for Broadcasting in Town Hall
- Sony Music Publishing Launches Co-Venture
- Skyview Networks Elevates Steve Jones to CEO and President
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- Pregnant Woman Set on Fire: Boyfriend gets $50k Bond
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?