According to Maria More, federal prosecutors in New York want R Kelly to face a minimum of 25 years in prison for his 2021 sex trafficking and racketeering convictions. Billboard reports that prosecutors in New York told a judge yesterday that the 55-year-old singer avoided punishment for almost 30 years and must now be held accountable.
According to documents filed on Wednesday, the US attorney’s office in Brooklyn said they believe Kelly deserved to spend the rest of his life in prison because he will likely commit further crimes if set free.
The attorney’s office said the defendant’s crimes were methodical and calculated and part of the defendant’s long-standing history of using his platform as a larger-than-life musical persona, and his deep network, to gain access to teenagers, many of whom were particularly vulnerable. The minors were used for Kelly’s personal gain and sexual gratification.
Kelly’s sentencing will take place on June 29. More said, “Can you imagine him coming out in his 70s and still trying to get with teenagers?” said More.
Rickey smiley said Kelly’s love interests might not be teens; they will probably be in their late 40s at that point.
- Chicago Hit and Run During Fight at Bar Kills 3, Injures 1 (video)
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Woman Shot in the Lips at Party in Atlanta
- Steve Harvey Discusses a Woman Unaware She is Seeing a Married Man (VIDEO)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Online Betting Sites Trying to Figure out Kim Kardashian’s Next Boyfriend (VIDEO)
- Amusement Park Evacuated After Three People Shot in Parking Lot
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Chicago Rapper, Qaw’mane Wilson, Hires Friends to Murder his Mother for her Insurance Money
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die