Radio Facts: Radio Facts: BET put some money into this show and you can tell! I had the opportunity to attend a private viewing of the original film/pilot and I knew from the moment I saw it that this show had huge potential if they could get the following.
The first original scripted drama series for BET Networks “BEING MARY JANE” starring GabrielleUnion is now the #1 original drama series debut on ALL cable for the 2013-2014 season among Adults 18-49 & Women 18-49.* The premiere airing drew in 3.3 Million total viewers (P2+) from 10-11 p.m. EST on Tuesday night, January 7. It was followed by an encore performance from 11 p.m.-12 a.m. EST which also brought in 1.8 Million total viewers (P2+).
The initial airing of “BEING MARY JANE” left a lasting impression on social media. The official hashtag #beingmaryjane trended No. 1 in the U.S. and worldwide during the premiere telecast (source: Trendinalia) and reached a unique audience of 1.71 MM people while generating 12.48 MM impressions (source: Nielsen SocialGuide). Following the premiere, Instagram saw nearly 20,000 posts with the official hashtag #beingmaryjane. The “BEING MARY JANE” Facebook page reached over the 555,000 mark and created over 6.1 MM impressions on the January 7 series premiere day. (source: Facebook insights) In addition, on premiere day, traffic to BET.com grew 35% year over year. The day of show page views and visits to the “Being Mary Jane” show content more than doubled the traffic seen during the 2013 Movie Sneak Peek.
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Black Male Singers who Stand the Test of Time
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time