Radio Facts: NEW YORK – BET and TV One, the television networks aimed primarily at a black audience, havenâ„¢t paid much attention to presidential inaugurations before. This time will be different.
Both are planning extensive coverage for Jan. 20, when Barack Obama is sworn in as the nationâ„¢s 44th president. Network executives said the installation of the first black president will be as much a celebration as a story.
Å“This is an opportunity to be the best we can be, said Stephen Hill, BETâ„¢s programming chief. Å“We see this as an opportunity to inform and inspire our audience.
BET will cover the swearing-in and parade from four locations, including ground and rooftop sites on Pennsylvania Avenue. Anchoring the coverage will be Hill Harper of CBSâ„¢ Å“CSI: NY, former CBS Å“The Early Show host Rene Syler, and Jeff Johnson, who hosts a weekly BET news program.
- Music Industry Tragedy: Daughter of Aswad Ayinde on ID Go Full Episode (link)
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- They Are Killing Music Right Before Us | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Singer Jaguar Wright Exposing Music Industry Celebs
- Lil Zay Osama Shares Scorching New Track “Like A Pimp” Featuring Stunna 4 Vegas
- Herschel Walker’s Son Christian Walker says Black Lives Matter Should be about ALL Black Lives (video)
- Brian Dalyrimple (Soul for Real) Held Without Bond and…
- Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Groups of All Time