The Washington Inn is hosting an '80s party this Saturday to benefit a disc Radio DJey who died last year.
Party Force Entertainers & DJs, together with inn owner Jim Brooke, welcome “all Washington Inn alumni and guests” from 7 p.m. till midnight Saturday. This event includes beef ‘n' beer, door prizes and a smattering of those '80s hits we all remember. Admission is $25 in advance or $30 at the door.
The band “Pull My Finger” and Al Moyer are scheduled to perform.
All ticket proceeds will be donated to the DJ Rick Birt Memorial Fund, said Brooke. Birt, who worked at the Washington Inn for many years until 2004, was accidentally electrocuted last summer. The tragedy left three children without a father.
“He was just a good guy. It's a shame for him,” Brooke said.
Mike Murphy worked alongside Birt at the Washington Inn, in addition to hundreds of private weddings. He said their personalities complimented each other well. If one of the DJs was feeling down, the other would lift their spirits up, Murphy said.
Saturday's reunion is a great opportunity to experience the historic Washington Inn “one more time,” the disc Radio DJey said.
He promised lots of “back in the day” music, including Guns n' Roses and R&B. For Murphy, '80s parties at the popular Route 100 inn bring back memories of sunglasses and dancing on speakers.
“Things were a little more free-spirited. We had some good times back there,” he said.
For tickets in advance, contact Murphy at 610-587-6556, or at
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys Win First Camel Race as New Owners
- White Guy Loses It on Airplane and Causes Chaos After Dropping Racial and Homophobic Slurs (VIDEO)
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Busta Rhymes Calls Out T.I. for Backing Down from Potential Verzuz Battle
- Kanye West vs. Issa Rae | The Joe Budden Podcast
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time