Loren Weisman, author of “The Artist’s Guide to Success in the Music Business” (ISBN: 978-1608325788) and co-founder of Artists Bridge, a new music industry resource hub, will be at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books from April 12-13 at booth 934.Only on the market for four and half months, “The Artist’s Guide” is already making waves. With a foreword written by session guitarist, producer and writer, Elliot Randall, the book is available for purchase or order in more than 500 online and physical retail stores in 30 countries.For Weisman, the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books serves as a bridge that kicks off the start of the spring/summer engagements which are designed to dispel myths on how to succeed in today’s music business.”Music business and marketing techniques that once worked for music powerhouses such as Dave Grohl of Nirvana and The Foo Fighters; Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins; and Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails, no longer work well in today’s music business climate.The winter tour had many highlights from bookstores to bars, and among them, a stop at Orange County Choppers in New York. The spring/summer tour is shaping up to be just as dynamic and is loosely titled, “The Undercover Musician.” Why?Weisman poses, “Wouldn’t it be cool if we could get some of these music powerhouses to disguise themselves without relying on their money, fame or contacts to launch a new group or manage another? What would happen using their original strategies and what could they teach us from the experience? What could they learn about the new music industry of today?”While these musicians have great stories that people can learn from, the key to success and sustainability in any area of the arts has to be combined with current business and marketing strategies.”Artists of today can be inspired by the past, but they have to apply present methods if they want a future in music,” Weisman says.”The Artist’s Guide to Success in the Music Business” delivers the “who, what, when, where, why and how” of the steps musicians and bands have to take to succeed in music. It’s a roadmap from passion to profession.During the next few legs of the 2014 tour, Weisman will share the stage with guests such as Elliott Randall, Michael Brandvold, Dr. Louis deLise and numerous other musicians and industry professionals during some of the speaking appearances to take place in bookstores, music venues, bars and private homes throughout the U.S. and UK.
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- BRE Publisher Sidney Miller Jr. has Died
- New NAB President and CEO Curtis LeGeyt Shares Vision and Outlook for Broadcasting in Town Hall
- Sony Music Publishing Launches Co-Venture
- Skyview Networks Elevates Steve Jones to CEO and President
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- Pregnant Woman Set on Fire: Boyfriend gets $50k Bond